1984 Kansas City Royals season
|1984 Kansas City Royals|
|1984 AL West Champions|
|Major League affiliations|
|General manager(s)||John Schuerholz|
(Denny Matthews, Denny Trease, Fred White)
(Phil Stone, Dwayne Mosley)
|Local radio||WIBW (AM)
(Denny Matthews, Fred White)
|< Previous season Next season >|
- 1 Offseason
- 2 Regular season
- 3 Player stats
- 4 ALCS
- 5 Farm system
- 6 Notes
- 7 References
- 8 External links
- October 17, 1983: Eric Rasmussen was released by the Royals.
- December 8, 1983: Mike Armstrong and Duane Dewey (minors) were traded by the Royals to the New York Yankees for Steve Balboni and Roger Erickson.
- December 8, 1983: Joe Beckwith was traded by the Los Angeles Dodgers to the Kansas City Royals for Joe Szekeley (minors), John Serritella (minors) and José Torres (minors).
- January 17, 1984: Steve Carter was Drafted by the Kansas City Royals in the 2nd round of the 1984 amateur draft (January Secondary), but did not sign.
- March 31, 1984: Don Werner and Derek Botelho were traded by the Royals to the Chicago Cubs for Alan Hargesheimer.
- September 17, 1984: Reggie Jackson of the California Angels hit the 500th Home Run of his career against the Royals. It was the 17th anniversary of the day he hit his first home run. Jackson hit his 500th, at Anaheim Stadium off Bud Black of the Royals.
|Kansas City Royals||84||78||0.519||—||44–37||40–41|
|Chicago White Sox||74||88||0.457||10||43–38||31–50|
Record vs. opponents
1984 American League Records
|1984 Kansas City Royals roster|
Starters by position
Note: Pos = Position; G = Games played; AB = At bats; H = Hits; Avg. = Batting average; HR = Home runs; RBI = Runs batted in
October 2, Royals Stadium
|W: Jack Morris (1-0) L: Bud Black (0-1)|
|HRs: DET – Larry Herndon (1) Alan Trammell (1) Lance Parrish (1)|
October 3, Royals Stadium
|W: Aurelio López (1-0) L: Dan Quisenberry (0-1)|
|HRs: DET – Kirk Gibson (1)|
October 5, Tiger Stadium
|W: Milt Wilcox (1-0) L: Charlie Leibrandt (0-1) S:Willie Hernández (1)|
- Eric Rasmussen at Baseball-Reference
- Steve Balboni at Baseball-Reference
- http: Steve Carter was//www.baseball-reference.com/players/c/cartest01.shtml
- Alan Hargesheimer at Baseball-Reference
- Baseball Almanac – Box Score of 500th Home Run by Reggie Jackson
- Dane Iorg at Baseball-Reference
- Johnson, Lloyd; Wolff, Miles, eds. (1997). The Encyclopedia of Minor League Baseball (2nd ed.). Durham, North Carolina: Baseball America. ISBN 978-0-9637189-8-3.