1984 New York Giants season
|1984 New York Giants season|
|Head coach||Bill Parcells|
|General manager||George Young|
|Owner||Timothy J. Mara, Wellington Mara|
|Home field||Giants Stadium|
|Division place||T-2nd NFC East|
|Playoff finish||Won Wild Card Playoffs (Rams) 16–13|
Lost Divisional Playoffs (49ers) 21–10
The 1984 New York Giants season was the franchise's 60th season in the National Football League. With a 9–7 record, the Giants finished in a tie for second in the National Football Conference East Division and qualified for the playoffs. In the Wild Card round, New York traveled to Anaheim Stadium and defeated the Los Angeles Rams 16–13 to advance to the Divisional round. Instead of traveling across the country back to New York, the Giants spent the week in Fresno, California. They used the facilities at Fresno State to prepare for the San Francisco 49ers. However, the Giants lost to the 49ers 21–10.
|1984 New York Giants draft|
|1||3||Carl Banks *||LB||Michigan State|
|1||27||William Roberts *||G||Ohio State|
|3||59||Jeff Hostetler *||QB||West Virginia|
|4||105||Gary Reasons||LB||Northwestern State|
|Pro Football Hall of Fame Made at least one Pro Bowl during careerMade roster|
|1984 New York Giants staff|
Special teams coaches
Strength and conditioning
|1984 New York Giants roster|
|1||September 2, 1984||Philadelphia Eagles||W 28–27|
|2||September 9, 1984||Dallas Cowboys||W 28–7|
|3||September 16, 1984||at Washington Redskins||L 30–14|
|4||September 23, 1984||Tampa Bay Buccaneers||W 17–14|
|5||September 30, 1984||at Los Angeles Rams||L 33–12|
|6||October 8, 1984||San Francisco 49ers||L 31–10|
|7||October 14, 1984||at Atlanta Falcons||W 19–7|
|8||October 21, 1984||at Philadelphia Eagles||L 24–10|
|9||October 28, 1984||Washington Redskins||W 37–13|
|10||November 4, 1984||at Dallas Cowboys||W 19–7|
|11||November 11, 1984||at Tampa Bay Buccaneers||L 20–17|
|12||November 18, 1984||St. Louis Cardinals||W 16–10|
|13||November 25, 1984||Kansas City Chiefs||W 28–27|
|14||December 2, 1984||at New York Jets||W 20–10|
|15||December 9, 1984||at St. Louis Cardinals||L 31–21|
|16||December 15, 1984||New Orleans Saints||L 10–3|
Week 1 vs. Eagles
|Wild Card||December 23, 1984||at Los Angeles Rams||W 16–13|
|Divisional||December 29, 1984||at San Francisco 49ers||L 21–10|
|New York Giants(5)||9||7||0||.563||5–3||7–7||299||301||L2|
|St. Louis Cardinals||9||7||0||.563||5–3||6–6||423||345||L1|
- "1984 NFL Standings, Team & Offensive Statistics". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Archived from the original on June 29, 2011. Retrieved July 22, 2011.
- Peters, Ken (December 24, 1984). "Mysterious Giants tip Rams in playoff battle". Kentucky New Era. Associated Press. p. 1C. Retrieved July 22, 2011.
- Anderson, Dave (December 25, 1984). "Giants are just where they want to be—Fresno". The Register-Guard. The New York Times. p. 3B. Retrieved July 22, 2011.
- "1984 New York Giants". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Archived from the original on April 13, 2009. Retrieved May 12, 2009.
- "1984 Eagles Statistics" (PDF). Philadelphia Eagles. Retrieved May 10, 2019.