1984 in the Irish Republican Army
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references (sources). (December 2009)|
- 8 April - The daughter of a Northern Ireland magistrate is gunned down by members of the Provisional IRA.
- 18 May - A Provisional IRA car bomb kills two British soldiers and eleven bystanders in Enniskillen, Northern Ireland.
- 18 May - Two RUC members are killed and a third injured when their vehicle struck a landmine planted by the Provisional IRA in South Armagh, Northern Ireland.
- 12 August - One person is killed and twenty others are injured during the attempted arrest of a Noraid leader in West Belfast, Northern Ireland by the Royal Ulster Constabulary.
- 19 October - Four people are killed in a bomb explosion at a Brighton hotel, where British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher was staying.