1984 in the Irish Republican Army
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
|List of years in the Irish Republican Army|
|... 1974 . 1975 . 1976 . 1977 . 1978 . 1979 . 1980 ...
1981 1982 1983 -1984- 1985 1986 1987
... 1988 . 1989 . 1990 . 1991 . 1992 . 1993 . 1994 ...
|Art . Archaeology . Architecture . Literature . Music . Philosophy . Science +...|
- 8 April - The daughter of a Northern Ireland magistrate is gunned down by members of the Provisional IRA.
- 18 May - A Provisional IRA car bomb kills two British soldiers and eleven bystanders in Enniskillen, Northern Ireland.
- 18 May - Two RUC members are killed and a third injured when their vehicle struck a landmine planted by the Provisional IRA in South Armagh, Northern Ireland.
- 12 August - One person is killed and twenty others are injured during the attempted arrest of a Noraid leader in West Belfast, Northern Ireland by the Royal Ulster Constabulary.
- 19 October - Four people are killed in a bomb explosion at a Brighton hotel, during which British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher was staying.