1985 in animation
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For general events in film during 1985, see 1985 in film.
|This article does not cite any sources. (February 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The year 1985 in animation involved some events.
- June 1985 - Studio Ghibli is founded.
Main article: List of animated feature films: 1980s § 1985
|Title||Country||Release date||Animation studio/Production company||Distributor||Notes|
|The Black Cauldron||July 24||Walt Disney Feature Animation||Buena Vista||Disney's first animated film to be rated "PG" in the United States.|
|The Care Bears Movie|| March 23
|Nelvana/American Greetings||The Samuel Goldwyn Company|
|He-Man and She-Ra: The Secret of the Sword||March 22||Filmation||Atlantic Releasing||The first film based on a toy line.|
|Here Come the Littles|| January 18
|DiC Entertainment||Atlantic Releasing||DiC's first feature film.|
|Rainbow Brite and the Star Stealer||/||November 15||DiC Entertainment/Hallmark Cards||Warner Bros.|
|Starchaser: The Legend of Orin||/||November 22||Atlantic Releasing||The first animated film released in 3-D.|
Main article: List of animated television series of 1985
- January 23 – ThunderCats premieres on first-run syndication (1985–1989).
- September 14 – Disney's Adventures of the Gummi Bears (1985–1991) and The Wuzzles (1985–1987), the first Disney animated shows made for television, premiere on NBC and CBS, respectively, at the same time slot.
- September - Care Bears (DiC series)
- September 16 - G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero, the ongoing series debuts in syndication after two mini-series that aired the previous two years (1985–1986).