1986 IAAF World Cross Country Championships – Senior men's race
|Senior men's race at the 1986 IAAF World Cross Country Championships|
|Host city||Colombier, Neuchâtel, Switzerland|
|Distances||12 km – Senior men|
The Senior men's race at the 1986 IAAF World Cross Country Championships was held in Colombier, Neuchâtel, Switzerland, at the Planeyse Colombier on March 23, 1986. A report on the event was given in the Glasgow Herald and in the Evening Times.
Senior men's race (12 km)
- Note: Athletes in parentheses did not score for the team result
An unofficial count yields the participation of 337 athletes from 50 countries in the Senior men's race. This is in agreement with the official numbers as published.
- 1986 IAAF World Cross Country Championships – Junior men's race
- 1986 IAAF World Cross Country Championships – Senior women's race
- Chaos as Zola leads England to victory - Zola Budd retained the individual title and led England to a controversial team victory at the world cross-country championships in Neuchatel, Switzerland yesterday..., Glasgow Herald, March 24, 1986, p. 12, retrieved October 22, 2013
- Runaway Zola win - Zola Budd led from start to finish to retain her world cross country championship at Neuchatel, Switzerland..., Evening Times, March 24, 1986, p. 17, retrieved October 22, 2013
- Magnusson, Tomas (March 24, 2007), IAAF World Cross Country Championships - 12.0km CC Men - Waregem Date: Saturday, March 17, 1973, Athchamps (archived), Archived from the original on October 16, 2007, retrieved October 9, 2013
- IAAF WORLD CROSS COUNTRY CHAMPIONSHIPS, Athletics Weekly, retrieved October 9, 2013
- 36th IAAF WORLD CROSS COUNTRY CHAMPIONSHIPS - EDINBURGH 2008 - FACTS & FIGURES - GREAT BRITAIN & NORTHERN IRELAND AT THE INTERNATIONAL CROSS COUNTRY & WORLD CROSS COUNTRY CHAMPIONSHIPS (PDF), IAAF, p. 2ff, archived from the original (PDF) on September 27, 2013, retrieved October 9, 2013