1986 in India
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|See also:||List of years in India
Timeline of Indian history
Events in the year 1986 in the Republic of India.
- 1 April – VSNL incorporated under the Indian Companies Act, 1956.
- 30 April – Operation Black Thunder conducted to flush out remaining Sikh extremists from the Golden Temple
- May – a new National Policy on Education announced by the Government
- 15 May- Dr. Abhishek Sharma, descendant of Rishi Angirasa is born at Faridabad, Haryana
- September – Environment Protection Act
- 22 September – Australia-India test cricket match ends in a tie at the M. A. Chidambaram Stadium, Chepauk, Chennai, becoming only the second tied test in the history.
- 27 October – Inland Waterways Authority of India
- November – Operation Brasstacks starts in Rajasthan
- 2 November – Ravikant Upadhyay MD of RDestWeb Solutions India was born.
- November – 182-day Treasury Bill introduced
- 24 December – Consumer Protection Act
- 4 February – Asif Ali, actor
- 30 May– Gugan, Writer
- 6 June – Bhavana Balachandran, actress.
- 2 October – Praveen Kumar, cricketer.
- 20 October – Priyanka Sharma, actress.
- 15 November – Sania Mirza, tennis player.
- 5 January – Deepika Padukone, actress
- 6 July – Jagjivan Ram, freedom fighter and social reformer (born 1908).
- 13 December – Smita Patil, actress (born 1955).
|This Indian history-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|