1986 in India
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
List of years in India|
Timeline of Indian history
Events in the year 1986 in the Republic of India.
- President of India – Zail Singh
- Prime Minister of India – Rajiv Gandhi
- Chief Justice of India – Prafullachandra Natwarlal Bhagwati (until 20 December), Raghunandan Swarup Pathak
- 1 April – VSNL incorporated under the Indian Companies Act, 1956.
- 30 April – Operation Black Thunder conducted to flush out remaining Sikh extremists from the Golden Temple
- May – a new National Policy on Education announced by the Government
- 15 May- Dr. Abhishek Sharma, descendant of Rishi Angirasa is born at Faridabad, Haryana
- September – Environment Protection Act
- 22 September – Australia-India test cricket match ends in a tie at the M. A. Chidambaram Stadium, Chepauk, Chennai, becoming only the second tied test in the history.
- 27 October – Inland Waterways Authority of India
- November – Operation Brasstacks starts in Rajasthan
- November – 182-day Treasury Bill introduced
- 24 December – Consumer Protection Act
- 4 February – Asif Ali, actor
- 6 June – Bhavana (actress), actress.
- 2 October – Praveen Kumar, cricketer.
- 20 October – Priyanka Sharma, actress.
- 15 November – Sania Mirza, tennis player.
- 5 January – Deepika Padukone, actress
- 6 July – Jagjivan Ram, freedom fighter and social reformer (born 1908).
- 13 December – Smita Patil, actress (born 1955).
|This Indian history-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|