1986 in jazz
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|1986 in jazz|
George Benson in 1986 at Montreux Jazz Festival.
|Decade||1980s in jazz|
|Music||1986 in music|
|Standards||List of post-1950 jazz standards|
|See also||1985 in jazz – 1987 in jazz|
This is a timeline documenting events of Jazz in the year 1986.
- 16 – 15th Moers Festival started in Moers, Germany (May 16 – 19).
- 21 – 14th Nattjazz started in Bergen, Norway (May 21 – June 4).
- 27 – The 7th Montreal International Jazz Festival started in Montreal, Canada (June 27 – July 6).
- 3 – The 20th Montreux Jazz Festival started in Montreux, Switzerland (July 43 – 19).
- 11 – The 11th North Sea Jazz Festival started in The Hague, Netherlands (July 11 – 13).
- John Zorn: Cobra
- Evan Parker: Atlanta
- ICP Orchestra: Bospaadje Konijnehol I
- 16-17: 16-17
- Steve Coleman: On the Edge Of Tomorrow
- Steve Lacy: Outings
- Jim Staley: Mumbo Jumbo
- James Newton: Romance and Revolution
- Tim Berne: Fulton Street Maul
- Cecil Taylor: For Olim
- Last Exit: Last Exit
- Michael Shrieve: In Suspect Terrain
- Kazumi Watanabe: Spice Of Life
- Lyle Mays: Lyle Mays
- Ned Rothenberg Trespass
- Sonny Sharrock: Guitar
- Evan Parker: The Snake Decides
- Courtney Pine: Journey to the Urge Within
- Henry Threadgill: You Know the Number
- Pat Metheny & Ornette Coleman: Song X
- Last Exit: Koln
- John Carter: Dance of Love Ghosts
- Kenny G: Duotones
- Reggie Workman: Synthesis
- Ran Blake: Short Life of Barbara Monk
- Bobby Watson: Love Remains
- Christy Doran: Red Twist and Tuned Arrow
- Arturo Sandoval: Tumbaito
- Larry Carlton: Alone / But Never Alone
- Larry Carlton: Discovery
- Eliane Elias: Illusions
- 13 – Benny Goodman (77), American clarinetist and bandleader
- 21 – Thad Jones (63), American trumpeter
- 22 – Thorgeir Stubø (42), Norwegian guitarist, band leader, and composer
- 3 – Eddie Davis (64), American tenor saxophonist
- 23 – Svein Øvergaard (74), Norwegian saxophonist and percussionist
- 11 – Ayumi Tanaka, Japanese pianist
- 11 – Jakop Janssønn Hauan, Norwegian drummer
- 10 – Ellen Andrea Wang, Norwegian upright-bassist and singer
- 11 – Jon Batiste, American singer, multi-instrumentalist, and bandleader
- 2 – Tal Wilkenfeld, Australian bass guitarist
- Unknown date
- "Vossajazz". Vossajazz. Retrieved 2016-04-30.
- "Moers Festival 1986". Moers Festival. Retrieved 2016-04-22.
- "Nattjazz" (in Norwegian). Nattjazz. Retrieved 2016-04-22.
- "Festival International de Jazz de Montréal 1986". Montreal International Jazz Festival. Retrieved 2016-04-30.
- "Montreux Jazz Festival 1986 Setlists". Setlist.fm. Retrieved 2016-04-30.
- "North Sea Jazz Festival 1986". North Sea Jazz Festival. Retrieved 2016-04-30.
- "Brecon Jazz Festival 1986". FriendsOfBreconJazz.com. Retrieved 2016-04-30.
- "Monterey Jazz Festival 1986". Books.google.no. Retrieved 2016-04-30.