1987 Kansas City Royals season
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|1987 Kansas City Royals|
|Major League affiliations|
|General manager(s)||John Schuerholz|
|Manager(s)||Billy Gardner, John Wathan|
(Denny Matthews, Denny Trease, Fred White)
|Local radio||WIBW (AM)
(Denny Matthews, Fred White)
|< Previous season Next season >|
- December 10, 1986: Scott Bankhead, Steve Shields, and Mike Kingery were traded by the Royals to the Seattle Mariners for Danny Tartabull and Rick Luecken.
- December 22, 1986: Alan Hargesheimer was released by the Royals.
- March 20, 1987: Derek Botelho was traded by the Cincinnati Reds to the Kansas City Royals for Eddie Tanner (minors) and Pete Carey (minors).
- March 27, 1987: David Cone and Chris Jelic were traded by the Royals to the New York Mets for Ed Hearn, Rick Anderson, and Mauro Gozzo.
- March 30, 1987: Jim Sundberg was traded by the Royals to the Chicago Cubs for Thad Bosley and Dave Gumpert.
- March 31, 1987: Larry Owen was signed as a free agent by the Royals.
|Kansas City Royals||83||79||0.512||2||46–35||37–44|
|Chicago White Sox||77||85||0.475||8||38–43||39–42|
Record vs. opponents
1987 American League Records
- June 2, 1987: Bret Barberie was drafted by the Royals in the 65th round of the 1987 Major League Baseball Draft, but did not sign.
|1987 Kansas City Royals roster|
Starters by position
Note: Pos = position; G = Games played; AB = At Bats; H = Hits; Avg. = Batting Average; HR = Home Runs; RBI = Runs Batted In
See also: Minor League Baseball
- Danny Tartabull page at Baseball Reference
- Alan Hargesheimer page at Baseball Reference
- David Cone page at Baseball Reference
- Jim Sundberg page at Baseball Reference
- Larry Owen page at Baseball Reference
- Bret Barberie page at Baseball Reference
- Johnson, Lloyd, and Wolff, Miles, ed., The Encyclopedia of Minor League Baseball, 2nd edition. Durham, North Carolina: Baseball America, 1997