1987 NCAA Division I Men's Ice Hockey Tournament
|1987 NCAA Division I Men's
Ice Hockey Tournament
|Finals Site||Joe Louis Arena
|Champions||North Dakota (5th title, 8th title game,
11th Frozen Four)
|Runner-Up||Michigan State (4th title game,
6th Frozen Four)
|Semifinalists||Minnesota (12th Frozen Four)
Harvard (10th Frozen Four)
|Winning Coach||Gino Gasparini (3rd title)|
|MOP||Tony Hrkac (North Dakota)|
|NCAA Division I Men's Ice Hockey Tournaments
The 1987 NCAA Men's Division I Ice Hockey Tournament was the culmination of the 1986–87 season in men's ice hockey for teams in Division I of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The North Dakota Fighting Sioux defeated the Michigan State Spartans in the championship game, held in Detroit, Michigan on March 28.
The quarter-finals were two-game total-goals series. The semi-finals and finals were single elimination games.
|North Dakota||5||Third place|
- G: Ed Belfour (North Dakota)
- D: Ian Kidd (North Dakota)
- D: Chris Luongo (Michigan State)
- D: Don McSween (Michigan State)
- F: Tony Hrkac* (North Dakota)
- F: Bob Joyce (North Dakota)
- F: Corey Millen (Minnesota)
- Official 2008 NCAA Men's and Women's Ice Hockey Records Book (PDF). Indianapolis: National Collegiate Athletic Association. pp. 54, 58. ISSN 1089-0092. Retrieved 2008-05-23.
- "1987 NCAA Tournament". Inside College Hockey. Archived from the original on 23 May 2008. Retrieved 2008-05-23.