1987 National Soccer League
|League||National Soccer League|
|Number of teams||13|
|Champions||APIA Leichhardt Tigers|
|Top scorer||Frank Farina (16)|
The National Soccer League 1987 season was the 11th season of the National Soccer League in Australia. The season saw the format returned to a single league of fourteen teams instead of the two-conference system. Sydney City SC withdrew from the competition after round 1, reducing the competition to 13 teams. The finals series was also removed with the championship determined by a first past the post, won by APIA Leichhardt.
|Pos||Team||Pld||W||D||L||GF||GA||GD||Pts||Qualification or relegation|
|1||APIA Leichhardt Tigers (C)||24||13||9||2||39||21||+18||35||1987 National Soccer League Champions|
|12||Sunshine George Cross||24||3||9||12||26||42||−16||15|
|13||Heidelberg United (R)||24||3||7||14||25||44||−19||13||Relegated to the 1988 Victorian Premier League|
|14||Sydney City (R)||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||Withdrew|
Rules for classification: 1) points; 2) goal difference; 3) number of goals scored.
(C) Champion; (R) Relegated.
- Referee's Player of the Year: Andrew Zinni (Brunswick Juventus)
- Player's Player of the Year: Frank Farina (Marconi Fairfield)
- U-21 Player of the Year: John Markovski (Sunshine George Cross)
- Top Scorer(s): Frank Farina (Marconi Fairfield – 16 goals)
- Coach of the Year: Rale Rasic (APIA Leichhardt)