1987 in India
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||List of years in India
Timeline of Indian history
Events in the year 1987 in the Republic of India.
- President of India – Zail Singh until 25 July, R. Venkataraman
- Prime Minister of India – Rajiv Gandhi
- 1987 Sino-Indian skirmish the second such conflict between China and India.
- 30 May - The Union Territory was split, and Goa was elevated as India's twenty-fifth state, with Daman and Diu remaining Union Territories
- 1 January - Neha Sharma, actress and model.
- 20 March - Kangana Ranaut, actress.
- 25 April - Mallika Kapoor, actress.
- 17 May - Charmy Kaur, actress.
- 5 August - Genelia D'Souza, actress.
- 6 August - Aditya Narayan, actor, singer and television host.
- 19 August - Ileana D'Cruz, actress.
- 20 November - Sukirti Kandpal, actress.
- 1 June - Khwaja Ahmad Abbas, film director, novelist, screenwriter and journalist (born 1914).
- 13 October - Kishore Kumar, playback singer, actor, lyricist, composer, producer, director, screenwriter and scriptwriter (born 1929).
- 27 October - Vijay Merchant, cricketer (born 1911).
- 17 November - Akhandanand, exponent of Shrimad Bhagvata and scholar (born 1911).
- 24 December - M. G. Ramachandran, actor, Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu (born 1917).
Full date unknown
|This Indian history-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|