1988 in Denmark
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||Other events of 1988
List of years in Denmark
Events from the year 1988 in Denmark.
- 3 November – The old main post office in Købmagergade, Copenhagen, is robbed by what is later to become known as Blekinge Street Gang. One policeman is killed under the robbery.
- 23 May – Bille August's film Pelle the Conqueror wins the Palme d'Or at the 41st Cannes Film Festival,
- 27 November — Frederik Magle's Cantata for choir and chamber orchestra We Are Afraid (Vi er bange) is premiered in Grundtvig's Church, Copenhagen.
- 17 September – 2 October – Denmark at the 1988 Summer Olympics in Seoul: 2 gold medals, 1 silver medal and 1 bronze medals.
- 10–25 June – Denmark participates in the UEFA Euro 1988 but does not make it beyond the initial group stage after finishing last in Group A.
- 10–18 April – With five gold medals, three silver medals and two bronze medals, Denmark finishes as the best nation at the 11th European Badminton Championships in Kristiansand, Norway.
- 9 January – Michael Lumb, footballer
- 16 January – Nicklas Bendtner, footballer
- 7 February – Nicki Bille Nielsen, footballer
- 23 October – Nicolaj Agger, footballer
- 5 November – C. F. Møller, architect (born 1898)