1988 in Pakistan
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||Other events of 1988
List of years in Pakistan
Events in the year 1988 in Pakistan.
- President: Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq (until 17 August), Ghulam Ishaq Khan (starting 17 August)
- Prime Minister: Muhammad Khan Junejo (until 29 May), Benazir Bhutto (starting 2 December)
- April - Ojhri Camp, The ammunition Depot located at ojhri camp Rawalpindi mysteriously exploded on 10 April 1988 at 1000 hrs. Rockets fired randomly in every direction, killing many people and destroying many houses the city of Rawalpindi.
- August - General Zia, the U.S. ambassador and top Pakistan army officials die in mysterious air crash on 17 August. General Zia's death in 1988 ends an 11-year military rule.
- November - Benazir Bhutto's PPP wins the general election.
|This article about Pakistani history is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|