The year 1988 in architecture involved some significant architectural events and new buildings.
Parliament House Canberra
- March 13 - Seikan Tunnel beneath the Tsugaru Strait in Japan
- May 9 - Parliament House, Canberra, Australia.
- September 25 - Aalto Theatre, Essen, Germany.
- October 10 - Cairo Opera House, Egypt.
- November 2 - Immaculate Conception Cathedral, Dili, Indonesia.
- December - Torre Picasso, in Madrid, Spain, by Minoru Yamasaki.
- date unknown - National Union of Mineworkers headquarters, Sheffield, England
- March 11 - Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Mosque, Selangor, Malaysia.
- July - BankWest Tower in Perth, Western Australia.
- Scotia Plaza in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- Bell Media Tower in Montreal, Canada
- Canterra Tower in Calgary, Alberta
- Wells Fargo Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States.
- Pitampura TV Tower in New Delhi, India.
- Washington Mutual Tower in Seattle, Washington.
- Central Plaza 1, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.
- One Kansas City Place, in Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.
- Bellevue Place, Hong Kong, designed by Rocco Design Architects.
- Richmond Riverside development in London, England, designed by Quinlan Terry.
- ERCO Technical Centre (Technisches Zentrum ERCO-Leuchten) in Lüdenscheid, Germany, designed by Uwe Kiessler.
- Storm water pumping station on the Isle of Dogs in London Docklands, designed by John Outram Associates.