1989 Norwegian First Division
|Cup Winners' Cup||Viking|
|Goals scored||405 (3.07 per match)|
|Top goalscorer||Jahn Ivar Jakobsen (18 goals)|
|Biggest home win||Molde 7-0 Mjølner|
|Biggest away win||Vålerengen 2-8 Rosenborg|
|Highest scoring||Vålerengen 2-8 Rosenborg|
The 1989 season of the Norwegian First Division (1. divisjon) began on April 30, 1989, and ended on 8 October 1989.
22 games were played with 3 points given for wins and 1 for draws. Number eleven and twelve were relegated. The winners of the two groups of the Second Division were promoted, as well as the winner of a series of play-off matches between the two second placed teams in the two groups of the Second Division and number ten in the First Division.
Pld = Matches played; W = Matches won; D = Matches drawn; L = Matches lost; GF = Goals for; GA = Goals against; GD = Goal difference; Pts = Points
|Qualified for the European Cup|
|Qualified for the UEFA Cup|
|Qualified for the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup|
|Relegated to the Second Division|
- 18 goals:
- 13 goals:
- 12 goals:
- 11 goals:
- 10 goals:
- 9 goals:
- 8 goals:
Promotion and relegation
- Sogndal and Mjølner were relegated to the Second Division.
- Fyllingen and Strømsgodset were promoted from the Second Division.
- Vålerengen, Djerv 1919, and Ham-Kam played play-offs, Vålerenga won.
- Match 1: Ham-Kam 2-2 Vålerenga
- Match 2: Djerv 1919 2-0 Ham-Kam
- Match 3: Vålerenga 1-0 Djerv 1919