1989 in Italy
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|See also:||Other events of 1989|
History of Italy • Timeline • Years
Events in Italy in 1989:
- President of Italy: Francesco Cossiga
- Prime Minister of Italy: Ciriaco De Mita until 22 July; after 22 July Giulio Andreotti
- 21 February - The Sanremo Music Festival 1989 opens at the Teatro Ariston in Sanremo.
- 24 May - AC Milan win the European Cup for the third time with a 4-0 victory over Romanian league champions Steaua Burcharest of in Barcelona.
- 18 June - The third elections for the European Parliament are held. A non-binding advisory referendum is held on the same day to re-affirm popular support for the process of European integration.
- 1989 Supercoppa Italiana
- 1989 Torneo di Viareggio
- 1989 Italian Grand Prix
- 1989 San Marino Grand Prix
- 1989 Italian motorcycle Grand Prix
- 1989 Giro d'Italia
- 1989 Italian Open (tennis)
- 18 March - Francesco Checcucci, footballer
- 11 May - Gianluigi Bianco, footballer
- 22 May - Aurora Ruffino, actress
- 30 April - Sergio Leone, film director (b. 1929)
- 2 October - Vittorio Caprioli, actor, director and screenwriter (b. 1921)