1989 in Taiwan
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|See also:||Other events of 1989|
History of Taiwan • Timeline • Years
Events from the year 1989 in Taiwan, Republic of China. This year is numbered Minguo 78 according to the official Republic of China calendar.
- President – Lee Teng-hui
- Vice President – vacant
- Premier – Yu Kuo-hwa, Lee Huan
- Vice Premier – Shih Chi-yang
- 3 February – The founding of Peasant Party.
- 8 March – The establishment of EVA Air.
- 23 March – The establishment of Taiwan Lighting Fixture Export Association.
- 1 July – The establishment of National Chung Cheng University in Minxiong Township, Chiayi County.
- 5 July – The opening of Fortune Junior College of Industry in Cishan Township, Kaohsiung County.
- 8 July – The opening of Formosa Fun Coast in Bali Township, Taipei County.
- 20 July – Government of the Republic of China establishes diplomatic relations with Grenada.
- 10 September – The landfall of Typhoon Sarah.
- 2 October – Government of the Republic of China resumes diplomatic relations with Liberia.
- 13 October – Government of the Republic of China establishes diplomatic relations with Belize.
- 26 October – The crash of China Airlines Flight 204 in Hualien County.
- 3 December – 1989 Republic of China legislative election.
- 23 January – Yani Tseng, professional golfer.
- 28 April – Annie Chen, model and actress.
- 13 May – Chuang Chia-chia, taekwondo athlete.
- 11 August – Gui Gui, singer and actress.
- 17 August – Chan Yung-jan, tennis athlete.
- 23 October – Chan Che-Yuan, football athlete.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1989 in Taiwan.|