1990 Illinois gubernatorial election
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Edgar: 40-50% 50-60% 60-70%Hartigan: 40–50% 50–60% 60–70% 70–80%
The Illinois gubernatorial election were held in November 1990. Republican candidate Jim Edgar won his first of two terms in office, defeating Democrat Neil Hartigan by a narrow margin of about 80,000 votes.
- Jim Edgar, Illinois Secretary of State
Eliminated from primary
- Neil Hartigan, Attorney General of Illinois
- James B. Burns, attorney for the Northern District of Illinois
- Jessie Fields, internist
|Illinois Solidarity||Jessie Fields||35,067||1.08||-38.89|
- Schmidt, William E. (March 12, 1990). "New Faces in Primary For Governor of Illinois". The New York Times. Retrieved 5 November 2018.
- "1990 Gubernatorial General Election Results - Illinois". Uselectionatlas.org. Retrieved 2015-04-04.
|Elections in Illinois|
|This Illinois-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|