1990 San Francisco Giants season
|1990 San Francisco Giants|
|Major League affiliations|
|General manager(s)||Al Rosen|
(Duane Kuiper, Ron Fairly, Hank Greenwald)
(Joe Morgan, Duane Kuiper)
(Ron Fairly, Hank Greenwald, Mike Krukow)
(Tito Fuentes, Julio Gonzalez)
|< Previous season Next season >|
The 1990 San Francisco Giants season was the Giants' 108th season in Major League Baseball, their 33rd season in San Francisco since their move from New York following the 1957 season, and their 31st at Candlestick Park. The team finished in third place in the National League West with an 85-77 record, 6 games behind the Cincinnati Reds.
- 1 Offseason
- 2 Regular season
- 3 Player stats
- 4 Award winners
- 5 Farm system
- 6 References
- 7 External links
- December 3, 1990: Willie McGee was signed as a free agent by the Giants.
- January 19, 1990: Gary Carter was signed as a free agent by the Giants.
- In a game against the San Diego Padres, Gary Carter broke the National League record set by Al Lopez for most games caught by a catcher. It was Carter’s 1,862nd game as a catcher.
Opening Day starters
- Kevin Bass
- Brett Butler
- Gary Carter
- Will Clark
- Kevin Mitchell
- Rick Reuschel
- Robby Thompson
- José Uribe
- Matt Williams
|Los Angeles Dodgers||86||76||0.531||5||47–34||39–42|
|San Francisco Giants||85||77||0.525||6||49–32||36–45|
|San Diego Padres||75||87||0.463||16||37–44||38–43|
Record vs. opponents
1990 National League Records
Sources:            
- April 5, 1990: Greg Booker was signed as a free agent by the Giants.
- April 8, 1990: Rick Leach was signed as a Free Agent with the San Francisco Giants.
- June 23, 1990: Ernie Camacho was released by the Giants.
- June 24, 1990: Rick Rodriguez was signed as a free agent by the Giants.
- August 12, 1990: Atlee Hammaker was released by the Giants.
- June 4, 1990: Rikkert Faneyte was drafted by the San Francisco Giants in the 16th round of the 1990 amateur draft. Player signed March 19, 1991.
Major League debuts
- Steve Decker (Sep 18)
- Mark Leonard (Jul 21)
- Rick Parker (May 4)
- Andres Santana (Sep 16)
- Mark Dewey (Aug 24)
- Eric Gunderson (Apr 11)
- Paul McClellan (Sep 2)
- Rafael Novoa (Jul 31) 
|1990 San Francisco Giants|
Starters by position
Note: Pos = position; G = Games played; AB = At Bats; H = Hits; Avg. = Batting Average; HR = Home Runs; RBI = Runs Batted In
LEAGUE CHAMPIONS: Shreveport
- Willie McGee page at Baseball Reference
- Gary Carter page at Baseball Reference
- Greg Booker page at Baseball Reference
- Ernie Camacho page at Baseball Reference
- Rick Rodriguez page at Baseball Reference
- Atlee Hammaker page at Baseball Reference
- Johnson, Lloyd, and Wolff, Miles, ed., The Encyclopedia of Minor League Baseball, 2nd and 3rd editions. Durham, N.C.: Baseball America, 1997 and 2007
- 1990 San Francisco Giants team page at Baseball Reference
- 1990 San Francisco Giants team page at Baseball Almanac