1990 UK Championship (snooker)
|Dates||24 November–2 December 1990|
|Total prize fund||£445,000|
The 1990 StormSeal UK Championship was a professional ranking snooker tournament that took place between 24 November and 2 December 1990 at the Guild Hall in Preston, England. The televised stages were shown on BBC.
Hendry beat 19-year-old fellow Scot Alan McManus in the semi-final by a 9–5 scoreline. McManus, who was in his rookie season, had just beaten Dennis Taylor, Steve Newbury, Silvino Francisco and Jimmy White to make the semis. Nigel Bond, who was a finalist at the Grand Prix a month earlier, made it to the quarter-finals losing to Davis.
The breakdown of prize money for this year is shown below:
- Winner: £110,000
- Runner-up: £n/a
- Semi-finals: £30,000
- Total: £445,000
- Turner, Chris. "UK Championship". cajt.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk. Chris Turner's Snooker Archive. Archived from the original on 16 February 2012. Retrieved 1 March 2011.
- Watkins, Janie. "Player Profile: Alan McManus". Global Snooker Centre. Archived from the original on 20 January 2004. Retrieved 13 March 2013.
- Turner, Chris. "Professional Players Tournament, Grand Prix, LG Cup". cajt.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk. Chris Turner's Snooker Archive. Archived from the original on 16 February 2012. Retrieved 10 July 2012.
- "UK Championship". Snooker Scene. Archived from the original on 24 January 2013. Retrieved 5 February 2013.
- "1990 UK Championship Results". Snooker Database. Retrieved 13 October 2010.