1991 Cincinnati Reds season
|1991 Cincinnati Reds|
|Major League affiliations|
|General manager(s)||Bob Quinn|
|Local television||WLWT, SportsChannel
(Marty Brennaman, Gordy Coleman, Steve LaMar)
(Marty Brennaman, Joe Nuxhall)
|< Previous season Next season >|
- 1 Offseason
- 2 Regular season
- 3 Player stats
- 4 Awards and honors
- 5 Farm system
- 6 References
- January 29, 1990: Skeeter Barnes was signed as a free agent by the Reds.
- December 5, 1990: Bill Doran was signed as a Free Agent with the Cincinnati Reds.
- June 28, 1991: Barry Larkin had six RBIs in a game against the Houston Astros.
- Barry Larkin had a 19-game hitting streak.
- At the beginning of July, the Reds peaked at ten games above 0.500 (44-34). They were in second place in the NL West, only four games behind the Dodgers, and 3.5 games ahead of third place Atlanta.
- The Reds lost 14 of 16 games (including a 10-game losing streak) during a stretch in July, which saw the Reds essentially drop from contention. They were never above 0.500 the remainder of the season.
|Los Angeles Dodgers||93||69||0.574||1||54–27||39–42|
|San Diego Padres||84||78||0.519||10||42–39||42–39|
|San Francisco Giants||75||87||0.463||19||43–38||32–49|
Record vs. opponents
1991 National League Records
Sources:            
- June 14, 1991: Reggie Jefferson was traded by the Cincinnati Reds to the Cleveland Indians for Tim Costo.
- July 18, 1991: Stan Jefferson was signed as a Free Agent with the Cincinnati Reds.
|1991 Cincinnati Reds|
Starters by position
Note: Pos = Position; G = Games played; AB = At bats; H = Hits; Avg. = Batting average; HR = Home runs; RBI = Runs batted in
|RF||O'Neill, PaulPaul O'Neill||152||532||136||.256||28||91|
Note: G = Games played; AB = At bats; H = Hits; Avg. = Batting average; HR = Home runs; RBI = Runs batted in
Note: G = Games pitched; IP = Innings pitched; W = Wins; L = Losses; ERA = Earned run average; SO = Strikeouts
Note: G = Games pitched; W = Wins; L = Losses; SV = Saves; ERA = Earned run average; SO = Strikeouts
Awards and honors
- Tom Browning, Pitcher
- Rob Dibble, Relief Pitcher
- Barry Larkin, Shortstop
- Lou Piniella, Manager
- Skeeter Barnes page at Baseball Reference
- "Bill Doran Statistics and History". Baseball-Reference.com. Retrieved August 24, 2012.
- "Reggie Jefferson Statistics and History". Baseball-Reference.com. Retrieved August 24, 2012.
- Johnson, Lloyd, and Wolff, Miles, ed., The Encyclopedia of Minor League Baseball, 3rd edition. Durham, North Carolina: Baseball America, 2007
|This article relating to a Cincinnati Reds baseball season is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|