From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a list of notable events in the history of LGBT rights that took place in the year 1991.
- U.S. state of Connecticut bans sexual orientation discrimination in the private sector.
- U.S. state of Hawaii bans sexual orientation discrimination in the private sector.
- 29 — Minnesota governor Arne Carlson issues an executive order banning sexual orientation discrimination in the public sector.
- 1 — Three same-sex couples file suit in Hawaii alleging that the state constitution guarantees their right to marry.
- 19 — The Executive Council of Hong Kong votes to decriminalize homosexuality.
- 16 — New Jersey governor James Florio issues an executive order prohibiting sexual orientation discrimination in the public sector.
- Eskridge, Jr., William N. (1996). The Case for Same-Sex Marriage: From Sexual Liberty to Civilized Commitment. New York City, The Free Press, a Division of Simon & Schuster. ISBN 0-684-82404-3.