From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The year 1991 in architecture involved some significant events.
- One Canada Square at Canary Wharf in London, designed by César Pelli & Associates, becomes the tallest building in the United Kingdom.
- Stansted Airport terminal building in Essex, England, designed by Norman Foster.
- Rebuilt Liverpool Street station in London, designed by Nick Derbyshire, is opened.
- The Tianjin Radio and Television Tower in Tianjin, China is completed.
- The Sainsbury Wing of the National Gallery in London, designed by Robert Venturi and Denise Scott, is opened.
- Extended Brentwood Cathedral in England, designed by Quinlan Terry, is dedicated.
- Key Tower in Cleveland, Ohio, United States is completed.
- The Messeturm in Frankfurt am Main, Germany is completed.
- Carnegie Hall Tower in Manhattan, New York, United States is completed.
- Bell Atlantic Tower in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States is completed.
- Bourke Place in Melbourne, Australia is completed.
- Melbourne Central Shopping Centre in Melbourne, Australia is completed.
- The Friedrich-Clemens-Gerke Turm in Cuxhaven, Lower Saxony, Germany is completed.
- The Guangzhou TV Tower in Guangzhou, China is completed.
- The West Tower of the Stardust Resort & Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada, United States is completed.
- 101 Collins Street designed by architects Denton Corker Marshall is completed in Melbourne