1992–93 MetJHL season
|1992–93 MetJHL season|
|League||Metro Junior A Hockey League|
1992-09 – 1993-02
1993-02 – 1993-05
|Number of teams||13|
The 1992–93 MetJHL season is the 2nd season of the Metro Junior A Hockey League (MetJHL). The 13 teams of the Fullan and Bauer Divisions competed in a 48-game schedule. The top 6 teams in each division made the playoffs.
The winner of the MetJHL playoffs, the Wexford Raiders, could not proceed further in the National playdowns as the MetJHL was not a member of the Ontario Hockey Association. However, the Raiders were permitted to play a 2-game series for charity against the OHA's Central Junior League's champion, the Barrie Colts. The Raiders won both games.
- Aurora Eagles join MetJHL from CJBHL.
- Mimico Monarchs move and become the Richmond Hill Riot.
- Thornhill Thunderbirds move and become the Mississauga Senators.
- Richmond Hill Rams move and become the North York Rangers.
Note: GP = Games played; W = Wins; L = Losses; OTL = Overtime Losses; SL = Shootout Losses; GF = Goals For; GA = Goals Against; PTS = Points; x = clinched playoff berth; y = clinched division title; z = clinched conference title
1992-93 MetJHL Playoffs
- Aurora Eagles defeated Bramalea Blues 3-games-to-1
- Richmond Hill Riot defeated Kingston Voyageurs 3-games-to-none
- Muskoka Bears defeated Aurora Eagles 4-games-to-2
- St. Michael's Buzzers defeated Mississauga Senators 4-games-to-2
- Wexford Raiders defeated Richmond Hill Riot 4-games-to-none
- Wellington Dukes defeated North York Rangers 4-games-to-none
- St. Michael's Buzzers defeated Muskoka Bears 4-games-to-none
- Wexford Raiders defeated Wellington Dukes 4-games-to-none
The Barrie Colts of the OHA's Central Junior A League and the Wexford Raiders of the Metro League played a pair of exhibition games head-to-head for charity. The purpose of the games was to match the probably champions of the two leagues head-to-head to see where each league's talent level stood if the OHA was to allow both leagues in as sanctioned Junior A leagues for the 1993-94 season. Wexford won both games by narrow margins, but the second game was marred by an incident involving a fight, initiated by the Barrie Colts, that spilled into the crowd.
Players selected in 1993 NHL Entry Draft
- Rd 4 #97 John Jakopin - Detroit Red Wings (St. Michael's Buzzers)
- Rd 8 #195 Thom Cullen - New Jersey Devils (Wexford Raiders)
- Rd 8 #198 Travis Dillabough - Los Angeles Kings (Wexford Raiders)
- 1993 Centennial Cup
- Dudley Hewitt Cup
- List of Ontario Hockey Association Junior A seasons
- Ontario Junior Hockey League
- Northern Ontario Junior Hockey League
- 1992 in ice hockey
- 1993 in ice hockey
- Official website of the Ontario Junior Hockey League
- Official website of the Canadian Junior Hockey League
1991–92 MetJHL season
|Ontario Hockey Association
Junior A seasons
1993–94 MetJHL season