- 1 Baseball
- 2 Football (American)
- 3 Basketball
- 4 Ice hockey
- 5 Football (soccer)
- 6 Wrestling
- 7 Multi-sport
- 8 Non-sport
- 9 Sources
The 1992 Topps set totals 792 cards and was issued in wax, rack, and jumbo packs or factory sets. Subsets include Future Stars, Record Breakers, All-Stars, Prospects, Checklists, and Manager cards. This was the first year Topps used white stock for their base set. It was also the first year to feature color photos on the card reverse (of the player's home stadium) as well as a full color backside overall. Size: 2.5 × 3.5 in.
The Traded set totals 132 cards and was issued as a factory set. The cards are identical in appearance to the base set except for the T suffix in the numbering. This set featured traded players and managers, rookie cards, and Team United States cards. Size: 2.5 × 3.5 in.
This set totals 132 cards and was issued in wax packs. The fronts and backs are cartoon styled with trivia, quotes, and statistics. Size: 2.5 × 3.5 in.
Topps Debut '91
This Major League Debut set has 194 total cards and was issued as a factory set. The cards chronicle a player's first appearance, they are otherwise similar in appearance to the regular issue. Size: 2.5 × 3.5 in.
Gold Promo Sheet
Topps distributed an uncut sheet as a preview of its 1992 Gold set. The nine player cards are identical to the issued version while the backs, with the same numbering, lack the 1991 statistics and have a diamond that says '1992 Pre-Production Sample'. Size: 8 × 11 inches.
Golden Spikes Award
Topps produced 600 cards of Phil Nevin, winner of the Golden Spikes Award as the outstanding amateur baseball player of the year. The cards were distributed at the US baseball federation awards ceremony on November 17, 1992. Size: 2.5 × 3.5 inches.
1993 Pre-Production Sheet
Topps distributed a 9-card uncut sheet as a preview of its 1993 set. The nine player card are identical to the issued version while the backs, all numbered 000, have the 1992 statistics as all zeros and have a large gray circle that says '1993 Pre-Production Sample For General Look Only'. Size: 8 × 11 inches.
1993 Pre-Production Samples
Unlike the above pre-production cards these samples were issued as nine singles in the 1992 Topps factory sets. The cards and their numbering are the same as the regular issue but the stats are covered by a gray oval that says '1993 Pre-Production Sample'. Size: 2.5 × 3.5 inches.
Triple Header Photo Balls
This is a test set sold one per box with candy. They are a replica baseball with three head shots of players with accompanying facsimile autographs. There are 26 total baseballs in the set.
The 1992 Bowman set has 705 cards and was issued in plastic, jumbo, and retail carton packs. This set featured parallel foil cards of 45 players. Size: 2.5 × 3.5 in.
- The 1992 Stadium Club set totals 900 cards and was issued in packs in 3 series of 300 cards. Size: 2.5 × 3.5 in.
- First Draft Picks are 3 cards inserted in packs or mailed to club members. Size: 2.5 × 3.5 in.
- Master Photos 15 card set available to club members or inserted in retail boxes. Size: 5 × 7 inches
- Stadium Club Dome is a 200 card factory set packaged as the SkyDome. Size: 2.5 × 3.5 in.
- In 1992 Topps issued Gold cards of the Base set as inserts or as a factory set at a price of $634.00. The checklists were replaced with player cards. A Gold Traded set was also available only as a Factory set.
- Gold Winners cards were available by mailing-in winning "Home Run Game" cards. There are TWO different versions of the game and gold cards. Normal gold cards that were awarded for GRAY card stock winning "Home Run Game" cards and Gold cards with "Winner" stamped on the cards for WHITE card stock winning "Home Run Game" cards. It is believed the white Home Run Game cards were easier to win if the player held them up to a light to see the answer underneath the scratch off material, whereas the gray Home Run Game cards appeared black when held up to a light. Topps adjusted accordingly by releasing a set marked "winner" on the gold set for the white cards. BOTH gold sets that winners received were printed on white card stock.
- Topps Micro is an 804 card mini version of the regular Topps set issued only as factory sets and had 12 extra gold parallel cards.
- Stadium Club issued two 100-card sets identical to the regular series one each for the National Convention and the East Coast National.
For the O-Pee-Chee sets that resembled the Topps issue see 1992 O-Pee-Chee.
These are sets issued by other companies in conjunction with Topps.
- Dairy Queen Team USA 33 cards issued with purchase of sundae. Size: 2.5 × 3.5 in.
- McDonald's Baseball's Best 44 cards issued with purchase of meal. Size: 2.5 × 3.5 in.
- Bazooka 22 'Quadracards' of 1953 Topps Archives. Size: 2.5 × 3.5 in.
The 1992 football set totals 759 cards and was issued in wax, rack, and jumbo packs and factory sets. There were two factory sets, one containing 660 cards of series 1 & 2, and the other with the 99 remaining high number cards. The cards share their design with this year's baseball regular issue above. Size: 2.5 × 3.5 in.
No.1 Draft Picks
This set contains 4 cards of recent NFL #1 draft picks. The cards were available as inserts in 'high series' packs and factory sets. Size: 2.5 × 3.5 in.
1000 Yard Club
This set totals 20 cards and was issued as inserts in the football jumbo packs. The 'members of the club' are players who gained 1000 yards or more during the season by rushing or receiving. The back of the cards list the total yardage gained by the player in each game of the season. Size: 2.5 × 3.5 in.
The Bowman football set has color action photos in a white border. The player's name is along the bottom over a yellow-orange stripe while a green stripe at the top has a red B over it. There are 573 cards in this set which was issued in 12-card wax packs. Subsets include 28 Team Leader cards, 12 Playoff Star cards, and 5 cards featuring the longest plays of the previous season. Size: 2.5 × 3.5 in.
This set contains 45 cards made with a 'poly-tech' process. There are 33 NFL players, 11 rookies, and 1 checklist. The front of the cards say 'Limited Edition' at the bottom inside a gold stripe. The print run was 3000 cases with 20 sets per case. Size: 2.5 × 3.5 in.
- This sets contains 700 cards issued in three series and two 9-card promo sheets issued at the 1992 National Sports Collector's Convention. Subsets include Members Choice cards. Size: 2.5 × 3.5 in.
- No.1 Draft Picks 4 cards inserted in high series packs Size: 2.5 × 3.5 in.
- QB Legends 6 cards inserted at approximately 1:72 in second series packs Size: 2.5 × 3.5 in.
In 1992 Topps issued Gold versions of their football issues available as inserts in packs and the factory sets.
- Topps Gold (checklists were replaced with player cards)
- No.1 Draft Picks
- 1000 Yard Club
This set contains 396 cards and was issued in plastic, retail, mini-jumbo, and magazine jumbo packs as well as factory sets. The cards share their design with this year's baseball and football regular issues. Subsets include Highlights, All-Star, 50 Point Club, 20 Assist Club, checklists, and '92 Draft Pix. Size: 2.5 × 3.5 in.
This set totals 7 cards and was available as an insert in second series packs at a rate of 1:18. The cards commemorate an NBA laser show sponsored by Topps. The cards feature three players each. Size: 2.5 × 3.5 in.
The 'Great Bullets Past and Present' set totals 12 cards and was distributed at Crown gas stations. Cards resemble the regular Topps issue and feature 6 current Bullets, 3 former Bullets, and 3 coupon/checklists. Size: 2.5 × 3.5 in.
- This 150-card set utilizes the card designs of Topps' baseball issues from 1982 to 1992 when they did not issue basketball cards. The set includes of subset of Number 1 draft choices. Size: 2.5 × 3.5 in.
- Master Photo Trade cards were inserted one per 24 packs which could be redeemed for large size versions. These 12 cards are based on the First Draft Pick subset from the archive set. Size: 2.5 × 3.5 in.
Suns Circle K Stickers
This set contains 12 stickers issued as four 3-sticker vertical strips. The fronts resemble the Topps regular issue while the backs feature sweepstakes rules for a chance to win an autographed Suns poster. Size: 2 3⁄8 × 3 3⁄8 inches
- This set totals 400 cards issued in two series of 200 cards. The fronts have borderless full bleed color action photos with the Topps Stadium Club logo. The backs feature a photo of the players first Topps card. Subsets include Members Choice. Size: 2.5 × 3.5 in.
- Beam Team 21 cards inserted in second series packs at a rate of 1:36 commemorating the 'Beams Above the Rim' laser show. Size: 2.5 × 3.5 in.
- Topps Gold 396 cards issued as pack inserts or as factory set.
- Beam Team Gold 7 cards issued in the Gold factory set.
- Archives Gold 150 cards checklists are replaced with player cards.
- Archives Master Photos large size available by redemption Size: 5 × 7 in.
- Stadium Club Members Only 421 cards issued as a factory set includes Beam Team insert set (Reported 10,000 Sets Produced).
The 1992–93 Topps hockey set shares its design with this year's baseball regular issue above. The backs offer career and playoff statistics as well as game winning goals for the previous season. The set has 529 cards and was available in foils packs, jumbo packs, and factory sets. Size: 2.5 × 3.5 in.
The 1992–93 Bowman hockey set totals 442 cards and features a 45 card gold foil subset of All-Stars from both the Wales and Campbell conferences. The cards in this set have a close-up photo on back with statistics based on performance vs. other teams. There were 2000 wax cases produced. Size: 2.5 × 3.5 in.
TSC's hockey set was issued in two series and has 501 cards including a 20-card Members Choice subset and four checklists. The card backs feature The Sporting News Skills Rating System as well as a mini reproduction of the player's first Topps card. Size: 2.5 × 3.5 in.
Topps Gold – checklist cards are replaced with player cards.
A 200 card set of English League stars. The card design is the same as the Stadium Club issues in the United States. Size: 2.5 × 3.5 in.
Topps offered a wrestling set in the UK based on superstars of the World Championship Wrestling promotion. The set totals 66 cards and was issued in 10 card, clear plastic bags, packaged as a promotional give-a-way with the purchase of a WCW comic book. 1992 Topps WCW wrestling cards were also issued in 4 card cello packs (48 packs per, featuring Sting on the retail display box) with a list price of 20 pence each. The cards have angled photos over a green and brown background.
Stadium Club Members Only
This set is similar to the regular Stadium Club cards but was issued to members in four groups. The cards have a gold foil stamp on the front that says 'Members Only'. The backs are unnumbered and have a scoreboard design. The breakdown of the 50-card set by sport is Baseball 1-36, Football, 37-42, Hockey 43-50. Size: 2.5 × 3.5 in.
Topps Stadium of Stars
A twelve card set resembling regular 1992 Topps cards. The set name 'Stadium of Stars', however is found in the box where the team name would normally appear for other sport issues. Size: 2.5 × 3.5 in.
Topps Batman Returns (98) Size: 2.5 × 3.5 inches
Stadium Club Batman Returns (100) Size: 2.5 × 3.5 inches
Bram Stoker's Dracula (100) Size: 2.5 × 3.5 inches
Home Alone 2 (77) Size: 2.5 × 3.5 inches
Hook (110) Size: 2.5 × 3.5 inches
In Living Color (99) Size: 2.5 × 3.5 inches
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3 (99) Size: 2.5 × 3.5 inches
Toxic High (88) Size: 2.5 × 3.5 inches
Trash Can Trolls (88) Size: 2.5 × 3.5 inches
Russ Trolls (77) Size: 2.5 × 3.5 inches
- Beckett, Dr. James et al. (2002). "Beckett Baseball Card Price Guide". Beckett Publications-Dallas, Texas ISBN 1-930692-17-X
- Lemke, Robert F. (2006). "Standard Catalog of Baseball Cards". KP ; Newton Abbot-Iola, Wisconsin ISBN 0-89689-372-3
- Beckett, Dr. James et al. (2005). "Beckett Football Card Price Guide". Beckett Publications-Dallas, Texas ISBN 1-930692-41-2
- "Tuff Stuff 2005 Standard Catalog of Football Cards". Krause Publications-Iola, Wisconsin ISBN 0-87349-866-6
- Beckett, Dr. James et al. (2004). "Beckett Basketball Card Price Guide". Beckett Publications-Dallas, Texas ISBN 1-930692-37-4
- "Tuff Stuff 2003 Standard Catalog of Basketball Cards". Krause Publications-Iola, Wisconsin ISBN 0-87349-474-1
- Beckett, James (2004). "Beckett hockey card price guide & alphabetical checklist". Beckett Publications-Dallas, Texas ISBN 1-930692-36-6
- Benjamin, Christopher (1992). "The Sport Americana price guide to the non-sports cards". Edgewater Book Co.-Cleveland, Ohio ISBN 0-937424-57-9
- Murphy, Mark (2002). "Unopened Pack, Wrapper & Display Box Guide". Mark Murphy-Stamford, Connecticut