1993 in India
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|See also:||List of years in India
Timeline of Indian history
Events in the year 1993 in the Republic of India.
- 9 March – The All Parties Hurriyat Conference is formed in Kashmir.
- 12 March – A series of bomb blasts, thought to be planted by underworld figures, rock the country's commercial capital of Bombay, killing some 260 people. (See 1993 Mumbai bombings.)
- 9 April – Veerappan Gang Trapped and blew a Tamil Nadu bus carrying police, forest officials and civilians, using a landmine, which killed 22 civilians and police and this incident is known as Palar blast.
- 14 April – Sun TV, a Tamil language television station, as first regular broadcasting service to start in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- 24 May : Veerappan and His gang Killed 6 policemen K.M.Uthappa, Prabhakara, Poovaiah, Machaiah, Swamy and Narasappa of STF commander Gopal Hosur's party and injured the police commander near Rangaswamy vaddu, M.M.Hills, Karnataka.
- 30 September – The 6.2 Mw Latur earthquake shakes Maharashtra, India with a maximum Mercalli intensity of VIII (Severe) killing 9,748 and injuring 30,000.
- Mulayam Singh Yadav elected chief minister of Uttar Pradesh for the second time.
- 23 April – Akrit Jaswal, child physician.
- 17 November – Ajit Ramkisan Shinde, (B.Sc.)
- 2 August – Sravani P
- 15 January – Ajay J, Production Engineer
- 23 August – Ram Prashanth B.sc.,(physics)
- 5 April – Divya Bharti, actress (born 1974).
- 3 August – Chinmayananda, spiritual leader (born 1916).
- 19 August – Utpal Dutt, actor, director and writer (born 1929).
- 29 November – J. R. D. Tata a French-born Indian aviator and businessman who became India's first licensed pilot (birth 1904).