1993 in archaeology
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Table of years in archaeology|
|Related time period or subjects|
|Art Archaeology Architecture Literature Music Science more
In Template:Year nav topic: extra parameters: science
- Start of salvage excavations at Nevali Cori, to be flooded by dam.
- July – Fragment A of the Tel Dan Stele (9th–8th century BCE) is excavated in Israel.
- The Guodian Chu Slips, the oldest known version of Laozi's Tao Te Ching, written on bamboo, are found in a tomb near Guodian, Jingmen (Hubei province of China) and dated before 300 BCE (later Warring States period).
- In Patara the Stadiasmus Patarensis is unearthed. The monumental milestone provides information on the Roman road network in the province of Lycia et Pamphylia, giving place names and distances.
- Тодорова, Х. , Иван Вайсов -"Новокаменната епоха в България"( Todorova, H. , Ivan Vaisov -The Neolithic period in Bulgaria) , Издателство Наука и Изкуство( Science and Art Publishing House), Sofia, 1993
- Barry Cunliffe – Wessex to AD 1000 (Longman).
- Sarah Milledge Nelson – The Archaeology of Korea (Cambridge University Press).
- Conservators use a sonar probe mounted with two miniature video cameras to remove any remaining clay from inside the Riace bronzes.