||This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009)
1994 in Malaysia is the 37th anniversary of Malaysia's independence.
- 1 January – Visit Malaysia Year 1994 officially begins.
- 1 January – Johor Bahru is granted city status.
- 15 January – Tun Mohamed Haniff Omar retires, after 20 years, as the Inspector General of Police.
- January – Construction of the Bakun Dam in Sarawak commences.
- February – Proton Saga Iswara cars are used as taxicabs in Kuala Lumpur, replacing Isuzu taxicabs.
- 7 February – The Planetarium Negara (National Planetarium) in Kuala Lumpur officially opens.
- 1 March – TV1 and TV3 began their official daytime transmissions 7 days a week.
- 26 April – Tuanku Jaafar of Negeri Sembilan is elected as the Yang di-Pertuan Agong.
- May – The Perodua Kancil, Malaysia's first compact car, is launched.
- 13 May – Two Malaysian peacekeeper Major Ariffin Zakaria and Major Ramli Shaari were killed in action (KIA) in the former Yugoslavia.
- June – The piling work for the Petronas Twin Towers is completed.
- 1 June – TV3 celebrates its 10th anniversary.
- 16 July – The Shah Alam Stadium, the biggest stadium in Malaysia, is officially opened by Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah of Selangor.
- August – Proton Satria, Malaysia's hatchback car, is launched.
- September – The Rakan Muda youth program is launched.
- 8 September – All sections of North-South Expressway are opened to traffic.
- 18 October – Mega TV, Malaysian's first subscription-based cable television channel was trial of broadcaster before 14 days, 12 months a subsidiary of TV3 was owner by STMB.
- 21 October – The Al-Arqam Islamic religious movement is banned by the federal government. More than 5 Al-Arqam members including Ashaari Mohammad (leader of movement) are arrested under Internal Security Act (ISA) in the main camp at Kampung Sungai Penchala, Kuala Lumpur.
- November – Puspakom, Malaysia's first computerized vehicle test centre, is introduced.
- 10 November – The Tunku Abdul Rahman Memorial is officially opened.
- 17 November – TV2 celebrated its 25th anniversary.
- December – Internet is introduced in Malaysia for the first time.
Nilai Murni Jayakan Wawasan
||This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)