1995–96 Livingston F.C. season
|Scottish Third Division||1st (promoted)|
|Scottish Cup||2nd Round|
|League Cup||3rd Round|
At the end of the 1994-95 season, having run into severe financial difficulties, Meadowbank Thistle were facing closure. The club relocated to a new stadium in the new town of Livingston and changed their name for the second time in their history to Livingston F.C.
In their first season in the Third Division, having been relegated the previous season, Livingston finished top of the league and were promoted to the Second Division. They reached the third round of the League cup and the second round of the Scottish Cup.
Results & fixtures
 Win Draw Loss
|12 August 1995 SFL3||Inverness Caledonian Thistle||0– 3||Livingston|
|17 January 1996 SFL3||Livingston||0– 2||Inverness Caledonian Thistle|
|2 March 1996 SFL3||Livingston||2– 2||Inverness Caledonian Thistle|
|4 May 1996 SFL3||Inverness Caledonian Thistle||1– 2||Livingston|
|19 August 1995 League Cup R2||St Johnstone||1– 1 (a.e.t.)
(2– 4 p)
|6 January 1996 Scottish Cup R2||Inverness Caledonian Thistle||3– 2||Livingston|
- "Livingston FC - The Livi Lions". Livingston Alive. Retrieved 1 October 2011.
- "Meadowbank Thistle History". Livingston F.C. Retrieved 30 September 2011.
- "1994-95 Second Division". Scottish Football Archive. Retrieved 1 October 2011.
- "1995-96 Third Division". Scottish Football Archive. Retrieved 1 October 2011.
- "1995-96 League Cup". Scottish Football Archvie. Retrieved 14 November 2011.
- "Scottish Cup Results for 1995-96". London Hearts. Retrieved 14 November 2011.
- "Livingston results 1995/1996". Livi Mad. Retrieved 14 November 2011.