1995 Green Bay Packers season
|1995 Green Bay Packers season|
|Head coach||Mike Holmgren|
|General manager||Ron Wolf|
|Home field||Lambeau Field|
|Division place||1st NFC Central|
|Playoff finish||Won NFC Wild Card (Falcons) 37-20
Won NFC Divisional Playoff (49ers) 27-17
Lost NFC Championship (Cowboys) 38-27
The 1995 Green Bay Packers season was the 77th in the club's history. The Packers obtained an 11–5 mark in the regular season and won the NFC Central, their first division title since 1972. In the playoffs, the Packers defeated the Atlanta Falcons at home and the defending champion San Francisco 49ers on the road before losing to the Dallas Cowboys in the NFC Championship Game. Packers' quarterback Brett Favre was named the NFL's Most Valuable Player, the first of three such awards he would win. This was the first season that the Packers played home games exclusively at Lambeau Field, after playing part of their home slate at Milwaukee County Stadium since 1953. After losing their home opener to St. Louis, the Packers would win an NFL-record 25 consecutive home games between the rest of 1995 and early in 1998.
|1995 Green Bay Packers draft|
|1||32||Craig Newsome||Cornerback||Arizona State|
|3||65||Darius Holland||Defensive tackle||Colorado|
|3||66||William Henderson *||Fullback||North Carolina|
|3||73||Brian Williams||Linebacker||Southern California|
|3||90||Antonio Freeman *||Wide receiver||Virginia Tech|
|4||117||Jeff Miller||Offensive tackle||Mississippi|
|5||170||Travis Jervey *||Running back||Citadel|
|6||173||Charlie Simmons||Wide receiver||Georgia Tech|
|7||230||Adam Timmerman *||Guard||South Dakota State|
|Pro Bowl during careerMade roster Made at least one|
|1995 Green Bay Packers staff|
Special teams coaches
Strength and conditioning
|1995 Green Bay Packers roster|
|1||September 3, 1995||St. Louis Rams||L 17–14||
|2||September 11, 1995||at Chicago Bears||W 27–24||
|3||September 17, 1995||New York Giants||W 14–6||
|4||September 24, 1995||at Jacksonville Jaguars||W 24–14||
|6||October 8, 1995||at Dallas Cowboys||L 34–24||
|7||October 15, 1995||Detroit Lions||W 30–21||
|8||October 22, 1995||Minnesota Vikings||W 38–21||
|9||October 29, 1995||at Detroit Lions||L 24–16||
|10||November 5, 1995||at Minnesota Vikings||L 27–24||
|11||November 12, 1995||Chicago Bears||W 35–28||
|12||November 19, 1995||at Cleveland Browns||W 31–20||
|13||November 26, 1995||Tampa Bay Buccaneers||W 35–13||
|14||December 3, 1995||Cincinnati Bengals||W 24–10||
|15||December 10, 1995||at Tampa Bay Buccaneers||L 13–10 (OT)||
|16||December 16, 1995||at New Orleans Saints||W 34–23||
|17||December 24, 1995||Pittsburgh Steelers||W 24–19||
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (December 2014)|
|(3) Green Bay Packers||11||5||0||.688||404||314||W2|
|(5) Detroit Lions||10||6||0||.625||436||336||W7|
|Tampa Bay Buccaneers||7||9||0||.438||238||335||L2|
|Wildcard||December 31, 1995||Atlanta Falcons||W 37–20||
|Division||January 6, 1996||at San Francisco 49ers||W 27–17||
|Conference Championship||January 14, 1996||at Dallas Cowboys||L 38–27||
Awards and records
- Brett Favre, NFL MVP
- Brett Favre, Bert Bell Award
- Brett Favre, Offense, UPI NFC Player of the Year
- Brett Favre, NFC Pro Bowl Selection
- Brett Favre, All-Pro Selection
- Brett Favre, National Football League Offensive Player of the Year Award
- Brett Favre, NFC Leader, Average Yards per Completion: 7.7
- Brett Favre, NFC Leader, Passer Rating (99.5) 
- Brett Favre, NFC Leader, Touchdown Passes: 38
- Brett Favre, NFL Leader, Passing Yards, (4,413 yards)
- Reggie White, Defense, UPI NFC Player of the Year
- Reggie White, NFC Pro Bowl Selection
- Brett Favre, 1st NFL Season with 4,000 Passing Yards
- "1995 NFL Standings". NFL.com. Archived from the original on 3 February 2007. Retrieved 2007-02-12.
- "List of APMVP winners". sportsline.com. Retrieved 2007-02-10.
- "NFL Draft History – Green Bay Packers". NFL.com. Archived from the original on 2007-01-29. Retrieved 2007-02-12.
- "William Henderson player card". Packers.com. Archived from the original on 2007-01-25. Retrieved 2007-02-12.
- "1995 Green Bay Packers Draftees". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved February 22, 2014.
- "Administration and Coaching Staff". Green Bay Packers 1995 Official Media Guide. pp. 5–29.
- "All Time Coaches Database". Packers.com. Retrieved December 26, 2013.
- Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved 2014-Dec-15.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-06-19. Retrieved 2012-08-03.
- NFL 2001 Record and Fact Book, Workman Publishing Co, New York,NY, ISBN 0-7611-2480-2, p. 450