1995 NCAA Division I Men's Lacrosse Championship
|1995 NCAA Division I Men's
|Finals site||Byrd Stadium|
|Champions||Syracuse (5th title)|
The 1995 NCAA Division I Men's Lacrosse Tournament was the 25th annual Division I NCAA Men's Lacrosse Championship tournament. Twelve NCAA Division I college men's lacrosse teams met after having played their way through a regular season, and for some, a conference tournament.
The championship game was played at Maryland's Byrd Stadium in front of 26,229 fans, The game saw Syracuse University defeat University of Maryland by the score of 13–9. Despite the loss, Maryland goalie Brian Dougherty was named the tournament's Most Outstanding Player.
Brian Dougherty showed why he earned the award as Division I top goalie, making 23 saves on 59 shots, in the semi-finals.
In the first quarter Hopkins' attack took 19 shots, and Dougherty had 12 saves, allowing Maryland to walk away with a 4-1 first-quarter lead.
- * = Overtime
- Brian Dougherty, Maryland (Named the tournament's Most Outstanding Player)
- Mark Fietta, Syracuse
- Nick Licameli, Syracuse
- Rob Kavovit, Syracuse
- Ric Beardsley, Syracuse
- Casey Powell, Syracuse
- Dan Radebaugh, Maryland
- Matt Hahn, Maryland
- Peter Hilgartner, Maryland
- Rob Chomo, Maryland
- "NCAA Lacrosse Division I Results / Records" (pdf). NCAA. p. 3 (51). Retrieved 24 April 2014.
- "Attendance Figures for the NCAA Men's Championships". LaxPower.com. Archived from the original on 10 June 2008. Retrieved 2008-06-25.
- A Look Back At The Maryland/Hopkins Series History, Atlantic Coast Conference, April 14, 2004. Accessed 2009-05-10. Archived 2009-05-13.
- Terps, Syracuse march into final NCAA LACROSSE FINAL FOUR, Baltimore Sun, May 28, 1995. Mike Preston, Sun Staff Writer.
|This lacrosse-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to sports in Maryland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|