1995 in India
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||List of years in India
Timeline of Indian history
Events in the year 1995 in the Republic of India.
- 5 March - Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Limited founded.
- 21 September - Reports of the Hindu milk miracle surface.
- 23 December - Nearly 425 people die when a blaze rips through a school prize-giving ceremony in the northern town of Dabwali in Haryana state, near the Indian capital.
- 20 October - Hindi movie Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge released the longest running Hindi movie.
- 31 August - Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh is assassinated.
- India joins the World Trade Organisation (WTO) which has replaced GATT.
- 17 December 1995 in which unauthorised arms were dropped from an Antonov An-26 aircraft in Purulia district in the state of West Bengal
- 25 January - Mandeep Singh, field hockey player
- 5 March - Tanvi Ganesh Lonkar, actress
- 10 March - Bipin Singh, footballer
- 19 March - Biswajit Biswas, footballer
- 26 March - Anshuman Joshi, actor
- 29 April - K. Maneesha, badminton player
- 5 May - Alen Deory, footballer
- 6 June - Sadi Jalali, soccer player
- 8 June - Jacob Lalrawngbawla, footballer
- 9 June - PU Chitra, track and field athlete
- 5 July - Pusarla Venkata Sindhu, badminton player
- 7 July - Anamika Choudhari, singer
- 22 July - Armaan Malik, singer
- 7 September - Sahaj Grover, chess player
- 9 September - Rahul Kumar, actor
- 15 October - Niveda Thomas, actress
- 19 November - Tara Sutaria, actress, dancer, singer and TV host
- 22 December - Shivam Sai Gupta, visual effect producer and game developer
- 28 December - J. Meghana, badminton player
Full date unknown
- Aashika Bhatiya, actress
- 10 April - Morarji Desai, independence activist and 6th Prime Minister of India (born 1896).
- 21 August - Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar, astrophysicist and joint Nobel Prize in Physics winner (born 1910).