1996 in British radio
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a list of events in British radio during 1996.
- Unknown - Jim Moir replaces Frances Line as controller of Radio 2.
- Unknown - Matthew Bannister becomes Director of BBC Radio.
- Unknown - Steve Wright joins Radio 2.
- Unknown - Michael Parkinson begins presenting Parkinson's Sunday Supplement on Radio 2.
- Spring - Burn FM
Closing this year
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (March 2013)|
- 29 April - David Davis, 87, Radio executive and broadcaster
- 11 May - Joan Thirkettle, 48, Television journalist and radio personality
- "Joan Thirkettle dies aged 48 - News". The Independent (Independent Print Limited). 14 May 1996. Retrieved 22 February 2012.