1996 in Denmark
|See also:||Other events of 1996
List of years in Denmark
Events from the year 1996 in Denmark.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (January 2011)|
- May – Lars von Trier's film Breaking the Waves wins the Grand Prix at the 49th Cannes Film Festival.
- 19 July – 4 August — Denmark at the 1996 Summer Olympics in Atlanta: 4 gold medals, 1 silver medal and 1 bronze medal.
- 8 – 30 June — Denmark participates in the UEFA Euro 1996 in England but does not make it beyond the initial group stage after finishing third in Group D.
- 3 March — Rolf Sørensen wins Kuurne–Brussels–Kuurne.
- 29 June – 21 July — 1996 Tour de France takes place with Bjarne Riis as the overall winner.
- 31 July — Rolf Sørensen wins a silver medal in Men's road race at the 1996 Summer Olympics
- 31 August — Rolf Sørensen wins the 1996 Ronde van Nederland.
- 3 August — Denmark wins gold in the Women's handball tournament at the 1996 Summer Olympics by defeating South Korea 37–33 in the final.
- 6–15 December — 1996 European Women's Handball Championship takes place in Denmark
- 13–20 April — With six gold medals, three silver medals and one bronze medal, Denmark finishes as the best nation at the 15th European Badminton Championships in Herning, Denmark.
- 30 August — Hans Nielsen wins the 1986 Individual Speedway World Championship
- 22 September — Thomas Bjørn wins Loch Lomond World Invitational on the 1996 European Tour.
- 1 November – Line, singer
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (August 2012)|
- 17 April – Piet Hein, scientist, mathematician, inventor, designer, author, and poet (born 1905)
- 1 September – Vagn Holmboe, composer (born 1909)