1997–98 Portsmouth F.C. season
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The 1997-98 season was Portsmouth's 99th in existence. After just missing out on the play-offs the previous season, Portsmouth saw themselves in a relegation battle this season.
|10.||West Bromwich Albion||46||16||13||17||50||56||61|
|21.||Queens Park Rangers||46||10||19||17||51||63||49|
Venue Played Won Drawn Lost For Against
Home 23 8 6 9 28 30
Away 23 5 4 14 23 33
Total 46 13 10 23 51 63
- Squad at end of season
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
- Hamilton Thorp - West Adelaide, £75,000, 1 August
- Matthew Robinson - Southampton, £50,000, February
- Craig Foster - Marconi Stallions
- Robert Enes - Sydney United
- Paul Harries - Wollongong Wolves
- "Pompey FC News and Stats Database". Archived from the original on 3 July 2013. Retrieved 2013-06-30.
- McLoughlin was born in Manchester, England, but also qualified to represent the Republic of Ireland internationally and made his international debut for the Republic of Ireland in 1990.
- Turner was born in Greenwich, England, but also qualified to represent the Republic of Ireland internationally and represented them at U-21 level.
- Simpson was born in Bradford-on-Avon, England, but also qualified to represent Jamaica internationally and made his international debut for Jamaica in 1990.
- Hall was born in Manchester, England, but also qualified to represent Jamaica internationally and made his international debut for Jamaica in 1990.