1997 NECBL season
|1997 NECBL season|
|Duration||June 2 – July 27|
|Start date||August 3|
|Semifinal 1||Torrington over Danbury|
|Semifinal 2||Middletown over Rhode Island|
|NECBL championship series|
|Site||Palmer Field, Fuessenich Park|
The 1997 NECBL season was the fourth season of the New England Collegiate Baseball League. The league added a new franchise from Torrington, Connecticut, the Torrington Twisters. The league's Waterbury, Connecticut franchise dropped out after three seasons.
In the semifinal playoff rounds, Torrington defeated Danbury 2-0, and Middletown defeated Rhode Island 2-0. In the championship round, Middletown defeated Torrington 2-1 to win the NECBL championship.
Regular season standings
|Rhode Island Reds||22||18||.550||3|
|Central Mass Collegians||18||22||.450||7|
- Semifinal 1, Game 1-Torrington 3, Danbury 2
- Semifinal 1, Game 2-Torrington 8, Danbury 6
Torrington wins series, 2-0.
- Semifinal 2, Game 1-Middletown 7, Rhode Island 0
- Semifinal 2, Game 2-Middletown 2, Rhode Island 1
Middletown wins series, 2-0.
- Final, Game 1-Middletown 8, Torrington 7 (13 Inn.)
- Final, Game 2-Torrington 4, Middletown 0
- Final, Game 3-Middletown 8, Torrington 5
Middletown wins championship, 2-1.