1997 Southeastern Conference Baseball Tournament
|Format||Play-in round followed by six-team double elimination|
|Champions||Alabama (4th title)|
|Winning coach||Jim Wells (3rd title)|
|MVP||David Tidwell Alabama|
The 1997 Southeastern Conference Baseball Tournament was the 1997 postseason baseball championship of the NCAA Division I Southeastern Conference, held at Golden Park in Columbus, Georgia from May 14-18. Alabama defeated LSU in the championship game, earning the conference's automatic bid to the 1997 NCAA Division I Baseball Tournament.
Eight teams qualified for the league tournament. The teams seeded fifth through eighth played a single-elimination play-in round. The two winners of the play-in games advanced to the main bracket, which was a six-team, double-elimination format, the same as the NCAA regional format used through 1998.
Regular season results
†- Vanderbilt forfeited its conference games and tournament berth for using an ineligible player.
- College World Series
- NCAA Division I Baseball Championship
- Southeastern Conference Baseball Tournament
- "SEC Tournament History". SECDigitalNetwork.com. The Southeastern Conference. pp. 25–31. Retrieved 29 May 2012.
- "SEC Awards Columbus '97 Baseball Tourney". nl.newsbank.com. The Ledger Enquirer. 1 July 1995. Archived from the original on 29 May 2012. Retrieved 29 May 2012.
- Nation, Boyd. "College Baseball Conference Standings -- 1997". BoydsWorld.com. Retrieved 29 May 2012.
- "Vanderbilt Baseball Fact Book" (PDF). grfx.CSTV.com. Vanderbilt University Sports Information Department. p. 79. Retrieved 29 May 2012.