1999 IGA SuperThrift Tennis Classic
|1999 IGA SuperThrift Tennis Classic|
|Draw||32S / 16D|
|Surface||Hard / indoor|
|Location||Oklahoma City, OK, U.S.|
|Lisa Raymond / Rennae Stubbs|
The 1999 IGA SuperThrift Tennis Classic was a women's tennis tournament played on indoor hard courts at The Greens Country Club in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma in the United States that was part of Tier III of the 1999 WTA Tour. It was the 14th edition of the tournament and was held from February 22 through February 28, 1999. First-seeded Venus Williams won her second consecutive singles title at the event and earned $27,000 first-prize money. On the same day her sister Serena won the Open Gaz de France tournament, making them the first sisters to win WTA events in the same week.
- It was Williams' 2nd singles title of the year and the 4th of her career.
|RSA||Mariaan de Swardt||33||7|
The following players received wildcards into the singles main draw:
The following players received wildcards into the doubles main draw:
The following players received entry from the singles qualifying draw:
The following players received entry from the doubles qualifying draw:
- John Barrett, ed. (2000). International Tennis Federation World of Tennis 2000. London: CollinsWillow. pp. 185, 199. ISBN 9780002189460.
- "Williams defends IGA Superthrift title". UPI. February 22, 1999.
- "Tennis History". Jet. Vol. 95 no. 15. March 15, 1999. p. 51.
- "Williams sisters notch victories continents apart". The Los Angeles Times. March 1, 1999.
- Owen Canfield (March 1, 1999). "Williams sisters win titles on same day". Deseret News.