1999 World Professional Pool Championship
|Dates||18 – 26 July 1999|
|Format||Group stage, Single elimination|
The 1999 World Professional Pool Championship was a professional pool championship that took place in 1999 in Cardiff, Wales. The event was billed as a world championship by Matchroom Sport as an alternative to the World Pool Association's 1999 WPA World Nine-ball Championship, won by Nick Varner. Despite there being two world title for the same discipline in 1999, both are considered as valid in 1999 by the World Pool Association.
The event was won by Efren Reyes, who defeated Chang Hao-ping in the final 17–8. At the time of the event, it was not recognised as a world championship, however, after the event was well received, the WPA worked with Matchroom sport for later versions of the event, and retrospectively recognised as a world championship. The championships were merged in 2000, but were also held in Wales.
This article or section is in the process of an expansion or major restructuring. You are welcome to assist in its construction by editing it as well. If this article or section, please remove this template.
If you are the editor who added this template and you are actively editing, please be sure to replace this template with
- Metcalfe, Nick. The Pool Bible. Google Books. Retrieved 10 January 2019.
- "Tribute Page for FCC". CodePen. Retrieved 10 January 2019.
- "Table No. 1: Efren "The Magician" Reyes". Bata Bar & Billiards. Retrieved 10 January 2019.
- "World 9-Ball Championship 1999 :: ProPool.info". propool.info. Retrieved 10 January 2019.
- Empire Poker WPA World Pool Championship 2000 at azbilliards.com