1999 in Denmark
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Other events of 1999|
List of years in Denmark
Events from the year 1999 in Denmark.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (January 2011)
- 10 January – Thomas Vinterberg's The Celebration wins the award for Best Foreign Language Film at the 64th New York Film Critics Circle Awards.
- 24 January – The Celebration is nominated for a Golden Globe for Best Foreign Language Film at the 56th Golden Globe Awards but the award goes to the Brazilian Central Station.
- 21 February – Søren Kragh-Jacobsen's Mifune's Last Song wins the Jury Grand Prix at the 49th Berlin International Film Festival.
- 21 March – Anders Thomas Jensen's short comedy film Election Night wins an Oscar for Best Short Subject at the 71st Academy Awards.
- 6 November – Lys på din vej by Frederik Magle is premiered at the christening of prince Nikolai of Denmark in Fredensborg Palace.
- 8 September – Denmark qualifies for UEFA Euro 2000 by defeating Italy 3–3 in their last match in Group 1 of the UEFA Euro 2000 qualifying.
- 6 March – Wilson Kipketer wins silver in Men's 800 metres at the 1999 IAAF World Indoor Championships in Maebashi, Kapan.
- May – Michael Sandstød wins Four Days of Dunkirk.
- 29 August – Wilson Kipketer wins gold in Men's 800 metres at the 1999 World Championships in Athletics in Seville, Spain.
- 2 September – Hans Nielsen wins the 1989 Individual Speedway World Championship in Munich, Germany.
- 24 October – Thomas Bjørn wins Sarazen World Open on the 1999 European Tour.
- 31 March – Jens Odgaard, footballer
- 28 August – Prince Nikolai of Denmark, royal
- 14 September – Count Richard von Pfeil und Klein-Ellguth, royal
- 14 February – Sven Havsteen-Mikkelsen, painter and illustrator (b. 1912)