19th Annual Grammy Awards
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from 19th Grammy Awards)
|19th Annual Grammy Awards|
|Date||February 19, 1977|
|Location||Hollywood Palladium, Los Angeles, California|
|Hosted by||Andy Williams|
- Record of the Year
- Album of the Year
- Song of the Year
- Best New Artist
- Best Recording for Children
- Best Classical Orchestral Performance
- Best Classical Vocal Soloist Performance
- Best Opera Recording
- Best Choral Performance (other than opera)
- Best Classical Performance, Instrumental Soloist or Soloists (with orchestra)
- Best Classical Performance, Instrumental Soloist or Soloists (without orchestra)
- Vladimir Horowitz for Horowitz Concerts 1975/76
- Best Chamber Music Performance
- Best Classical Album
Composing and arranging
- Best Instrumental Composition
- Chuck Mangione (composer) for Bellavia
- Album of Best Original Score Written for a Motion Picture or Television Special
- Norman Whitfield (composer) for Car Wash performed by various artists
- Best Instrumental Arrangement
- Chick Corea (arranger) for "Leprechaun's Dream"
- Best Arrangement Accompanying Vocalist(s)
- Best Arrangement for Voices (duo, group or chorus)
- Starland Vocal Band (arranger) for "Afternoon Delight"
- Best Country Vocal Performance, Female
- Emmylou Harris for Elite Hotel
- Best Country Vocal Performance, Male
- Ronnie Milsap for "(I'm a) Stand By My Woman Man"
- Best Country Vocal Performance by a Duo or Group
- Amazing Rhythm Aces for "The End Is Not in Sight (The Cowboy Tune)"
- Best Country Instrumental Performance
- Best Country Song
- Larry Gatlin (songwriter) for "Broken Lady"
- Best Gospel Performance (other than soul gospel)
- The Oak Ridge Boys for "Where the Soul Never Dies"
- Best Soul Gospel Performance
- Mahalia Jackson for How I Got Over
- Best Inspirational Performance
- Gary S. Paxton for The Astonishing, Outrageous, Amazing, Incredible, Unbelievable, Different World of Gary S. Paxton
- Best Jazz Performance by a Soloist (Instrumental)
- Best Jazz Performance by a Group
- Best Jazz Performance by a Big Band
- Best Jazz Vocal Performance
- Best Cast Show Album
Packaging and notes
- Best Album Package
- Best Album Notes
- Dan Morgenstern (notes writer) for The Changing Face of Harlem, the Savoy Sessions performed by Various Artists
- Best Pop Vocal Performance, Female
- Best Pop Vocal Performance, Male
- Best Pop Vocal Performance by a Duo, Group or Chorus
- Best Pop Instrumental Performance
Production and engineering
- Best Engineered Recording, Non-Classical
- Best Engineered Recording, Classical
- Gershwin: Rhapsody in Blue - Edward (Bud) T. Graham, Milton Cherin, Ray Moore (engineers)
- Best Producer of the Year
- Best R&B Vocal Performance, Female
- Natalie Cole for "Sophisticated Lady (She's a Different Lady)"
- Best R&B Vocal Performance, Male
- Stevie Wonder for "I Wish"
- Best R&B Vocal Performance by a Duo, Group or Chorus
- Best R&B Instrumental Performance
- George Benson for "Theme From Good King Bad"
- Best Rhythm & Blues Song
- Best Spoken Word Recording