|Industry||computer software, cloud computing, video games, business process outsourcing, education|
|Boris Nuraliev (Founder & CEO) (1991–)|
|Revenue||$650 million (2016)|
1C Company (Russian: Фирма «1С», [ˈfʲirmə ɐˈdʲin ˈɛs]) is a Russian software developer, distributor and publisher based in Moscow. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports and sells computer software, related services and video games.
In Russia, 1C is considered a leader in business software for its comprehensive business software suite 1C:Enterprise (Russian: 1С:Предприятие, 1C:Predpriyatie). 1C is known as a video game developer and publisher. Titles produced by the company include IL-2 Sturmovik, King's Bounty, Men of War and the Space Rangers series.
1C was founded in 1991 by Boris Nuraliev in Moscow, Russia. In 1992, the company published ''1C:Accounting'' (ru), a bookkeeping software. The simplicity, wealth of customization options and its reach through the wide network of dealers, who were entitled to 50% of the sales income, made it possible for the 1C:Accounting software to become the most widespread accounting program across Russia and former USSR states.
In 1999, the first game developed by 1C was published - Konung: Legends of the North. 1C also acquired MaddoxGames company. In 2006, 1C announced that their trademark was considered "well-known" by Rospatent as an intellectual property status in Russia.
In 2008 1C declared its plan of transforming into a large multisectoral holding company. Part of its growth strategy was establishing joint ventures with leading and promising enterprises within the IT industry.
In May 2005, 1C bought Cenega Publishing, a Prague-based publisher and distributor. This arm was rebranded 1C Publishing EU in May 2007. 1C Publishing EU uses the trade name 1C Entertainment since late 2018.
In 2008, 1C declared it would become a holding company, stating it would establish joint ventures with companies within the IT industry. In October 2011, Baring Vostok Capital Fund acquired a 9% stake of 1C.
In 2012, 1C partnered with 777 Studios to create 1C Game Studios.
In April 2016, 1C bought out 27.06% in Megaplan and increased its stake in the company to 99%. In August of the same year, a controlling stake was acquired in the restaurant business automation service Quick Resto. In October, 1C announced the purchase of a controlling stake in the developer of the cloud-based CRM system amoCRM.
List of business applications
• 1С:ERP 2 Information system for enterprise management.
• 1С:Corporate Performance Management Planning, accounting, and performance monitoring for holdings and corporations.
• 1С:Document Management (ECM) Automates document flow, both paper and electronic, for businesses and public institutions.
• 1C:Accounting Universal bookkeeping and tax calculation software with Russian Accounting Standards-compliant reporting. In 2018 a new IAS-compliant version was released.
• 1C:Accounting – the most popular accounting software in Russia. According to various estimates, the software is used by 80-90% of Russian companies.
• 1C:Trade Management Provides management accounting, planning, and sales data analysis. It automates trade, financial, and warehouse operations, elevating wholesale and retail companies.
• 1С:Retail Automated retail outlet and store accounting, including retail networks.
• 1С:Payroll and HR Management Payroll calculation and HR management.
• 1С:AccountingSuite All-in-one business application combining accounting, cloud banking, order management, inventory, project and time tracking.
• 1C:Drive System to manage operational activities, promote business development in international markets.
The 1C:Enterprise platform is a business application development tool. 1C:Enterprise uses a Domain Driven Design approach to provide the specific tools needed to develop business software. All code-based development is done using a high-level domain-specific language, the source code is genuinely open. 1C:Enterprise platform allows create applications for different operation systems (Windows, Linux, MacOS) and use its as a Cloud services or On-premise. Considered as an alternative development tools instead of the С language family and other integrated development environments (IDE).
1C began distributing third party games in 1996. In 1997, they published Konung: Legends of the North, which was the best-selling title in Russia during September 1999. 1C has a long history of funding independent developers and producing a great deal of very successful Russian games. 1C works as a publisher and producer with over 30 independent development studios and has produced over 100 projects for PC and consoles, including titles like Hard Truck, King of the Road, Rig'n'Roll, Space Rangers, Soldiers: Heroes of World War II, Faces of War, Men of War and Men of War: Assault Squad series, Fantasy Wars, Death to Spies, King's Bounty series, Ancestors Legacy and Deep Sky Derelicts.
One successful series of combat flight simulators 1C publishes is the IL-2 Sturmovik series, first developed by Maddox Games of Oleg Maddox in 2001 and commercially traded under the brand "1C:Maddox Games", a division of 1C Company.
The company is also the largest distributor in Russia, publishing titles of most accomplished international publishers such as Activision Blizzard, Bethesda Game Studios, Take-Two Interactive, Ubisoft, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. 1C owns two local distribution companies, 1C-SoftClub (ru) (Russian: 1С-СофтКлаб, formerly known as SoftClub) and the previously independent Russian company Buka Entertainment (Russian: Бу́ка), which are also market leaders in the distribution of videogames hardware for companies like Sony Computer Entertainment according to 1C. 1C also owns a video games retail chain similar to retail chains like GameStop, named 1C-Interest (Russian: 1С Интерес), which has 30 stores in 22 cities inside Russia.
According to 1C, the company has established an international presence in 2005 by buying a group of distribution companies in Central Europe like the small games publisher ''Cenega Publishing'' (pl), later renamed to 1C Publishing EU based in Czech Republic. Since the purchase, the Cenega group has been transformed into a company for distribution, production and service under the name of 1C Entertainment, with over 400 people employed in Poland, Czech Republic, and Hungary. ''QLOC'' (pl) a subsidiary Cenega is a premium service company, providing porting, co-developing, testing and localization services to development studios and publishers. While ''1C Online Games'' is the publishing and development arm of 1C Entertainment group the company states.
1C Entertainment was renamed Fulqrum Games in June 2022
Business software and cloud services
1С:Enterprise business software suite is used for management and business accounting automation in more than 2,000,000 organizations, including major corporations and governmental entities. This system is number one in the Russian ERP market with the largest number of automated workplaces.
Measured by installations, 1C is the leader, with about 5 million users according to 1C Founder Boris Nuraliev in an interview. 83% of ERP workplaces in Russia is now handled by automated processes developed by 1C.
1C:Enterprise consists of two parts: 1C:Enterprise platform and business applications (1C Applied Solutions). 1C:Enterprise platform (framework) is for rapid development, deployment and flexible customization of business automation applications in the cloud, mobile and classic desktop environments. It is suitable to build scalable applications for small, medium and large organizations.
1C:Enterprise, version 8 was released in 2004 and all following versions were called 1C:Enterprise 8. The current version of 1C:Enterprise platform is 8.3.18.
1CFresh - an online platform for technology to develop, publish and manage cloud technologies and services based on 1C:Enterprise software, combining several cloud applications developed by 1C.
Affiliate network, franchising
According to 1C the company provides its services through a network of partnerships consisting of more than 10,000 long-term partners in 25 countries.
One of the business strategies of 1C on the Russia IT market and several other countries is a franchising business model. About 7000 franchisees in 750 cities of Russia and neighboring countries provide comprehensive service for business automation, deployment, customization and support of 1C:Enterprise-based systems, consulting, user training, etc. 250+ of them have certified its QoS as ISO 9001-compliant.
1C is the official distributor of over 100+ software vendors of the likes of ABBYY, Acronis, Aladdin, ALT Linux, Ascon, Entensys, ESET, Famatech, Ideco, Infowatch, Kaspersky Lab, Magix, Microsoft, Movavi, nanoCAD, Oxygen Software, Panda Security, Paragon Mobile, Paragon Software, Redline Software, SmartLine, and others. 1C offers a number of titles of software for office and home use.
- "About the 1C".
- Khrennikov, Ilya (14 June 2017). "A Russian Software Billionaire Takes on SAP and Oracle". Bloomberg. Retrieved 20 October 2018.
- "Measured by installations, 1c is the leader with about 5 millions users". Bloomberg News.
- "Результаты опроса посетителей выставки "Бухучет и аудит 2003"". Клерк. Retrieved 2019-04-24.
- "1C:Maddox Games". Retrieved 3 August 2020.
- "Новости". 1c.ru. Retrieved 2019-04-23.
- "1C transformation".
- Jenkins, David (May 4, 2007). "1C Company Rebrands Cenega Publishing". Gamasutra.
- "Corporate Contacts". 1C Publishing EU. Archived from the original on December 2, 2018.
- "Как "1С" планирует стать большой корпорацией". CNews.ru. Retrieved 2019-04-25.
- Ведомости (2011-10-03). "Baring Vostok купил 9% производителя программного обеспечения "1С"". www.vedomosti.ru. Retrieved 2019-04-25.
- "1C Announces Partnership with 777 Studios to create 1C Game Studios". IL-2 Sturmovik: Great Battles Official Website. 11 December 2012. Retrieved 1 January 2021.
- "Борис НУРАЛИЕВ: "Мы стараемся не покупать компании, а создавать совместные предприятия"". it-weekly (in Russian). 2015-07-09.
- Андрей Фролов (2016-12-29). "Итоги года: Самые важные сделки 2016 года" (in Russian). VC.ru. Retrieved 2017-07-16.
- ""1С" создала совместное предприятие с "Асконом"". CNews.ru (in Russian). Retrieved 2020-10-12.
- "Lista osób i podmiotów objętych sankcjami - Ministerstwo Spraw Wewnętrznych i Administracji - Portal Gov.pl".
- "Первый Бит внедрил "1С:ERP" в ТПК "САВА"". crn.ru (in Russian). CRN. 2020-12-09.
- ""Россети" автоматизировали налоговый мониторинг на базе "1С:Управление холдингом"". cnews.ru (in Russian). CNews. 2020-01-22.
- "Кому и зачем нужен "1С Документооборот"?". vc.ru (in Russian). vc.ru. 2019-04-03.
- "1C Company and its success".
- "1C:Trade Management". itonlineorg.ua.
- "Планирование и управление дистрибуцией в 1С". chp.com.ua (in Russian). Privatniy Predprinimatel.
- "1С:Зарплата и кадры государственного учреждения 8". tadviser.ru (in Russian).
- "1C:AccountingSuite demo". 1c-dn.com.
- ""1С-Рарус" завершила автоматизацию иностранных офисов ГК SPLAT". cnews.ru (in Russian). CNews. 2020-10-22.
- "Low-code Limits Customization Flexibility: Myth or Reality? - DZone Agile". dzone.com. Retrieved 2020-05-09.
- "1C software developer became Gold Medallist in IT Software Solutions for Business Sandbox at WorldSkills Kazan 2019". worldskills2019.com. Retrieved 2019-09-19.
- "Legend of the North: Konung for Windows (1999)". MobyGames. Retrieved 2020-04-03.
- "IL-2 Sturmovik". Metacritic. Retrieved 2020-04-03.
- "Theatre of War Review". GameSpot. Retrieved 2020-04-03.
- Clare, Oliver (2009-02-25). "Men of War". Eurogamer. Retrieved 2020-04-03.
- Indie-Game-Freak (2010-10-22). "Royal Quest – 1C Announces Development of its First Ever MMORPG + Video Game Trailer". Indie Game Reviewer - The Best Indie Games. Retrieved 2020-04-03.
- "Buka Entertainment, Giant Bomb". Retrieved 3 August 2020.
- "company profile softclub". Retrieved 3 August 2020.
- "Network of shops "1C Interest" today". Retrieved 3 August 2020.
- "Game localization specialists". Retrieved 3 August 2020.
- Partis, Danielle (February 25, 2022). "Tencent acquires 1C Entertainment". GamesIndustry.biz. Retrieved February 25, 2022.
- "News - Introducing Fulqrum Games – the new name for 1C Entertainment". Fulqrum Publishing Ltd. Retrieved 2022-07-06.
- "A Russian Software Billionaire Takes on SAP and Oracle". Bloomberg News. 15 June 2017.
- "The company's founder speaks about advantages of the best-in-class product 1C:Enterprise".
- Platform, 1C (2020-08-18). "1C:Enterprise for In-House Software Development. Strengths and Weaknesses of the platform". Medium. Retrieved 2020-08-24.
- Platform, 1C (2020-04-15). "Low-code Limits Customization Flexibility: Myth or Reality?". Medium. Retrieved 2020-04-29.
- "1C:Enterprise - Framework technology and features".
- "About the service (1Cfresh)". Retrieved 3 August 2020.
- "company profile". Retrieved 3 August 2020.
- "Franch citylist".
- "ISO 9001".
- "RBC rating: top 50 most popular franchises in 2017". Retrieved 3 August 2020.
- "Franchise ranking-2018 by Forbes".