1 FL TV
|Launched||15 August 2008|
|Owned by||Beatrix Schartl|
|Picture format||576i (PAL)|
Eurovision Song Contest
The people of Liechtenstein have always had an interest in participating in the Eurovision Song Contest. However, this was not possible as the country did not have a television channel of its own; if the channel joins the European Broadcasting Union (EBU) the country will be eligible to take part in the Eurovision Song Contest. Liechtenstein had previously attempted to participate in 1976, but was disqualified for not having a national broadcaster.
1FLTV announced that they were going to submit their first application to become an active member of the EBU before 31 July 2009, with the intention of making a début at the Eurovision Song Contest 2010, which was held in Oslo, Norway. However, this application bid was rejected by the EBU.
On 29 July 2010, 1FLTV applied for membership to the EBU again, which, if accepted, would allow Liechtenstein to send an entry to the Eurovision Song Contest 2011 to be held in Germany. 
The head of 1 Fürstentum Liechtenstein Television (1FLTV), Peter Kölbel, has said that due to a lack of financial subsidies from the Government of Liechtenstein, participation will be impossible until 2013 at the earliest. 1FLTV have been trying to join the European Broadcasting Union (EBU) since 2010. However, the government has not granted the nation's only channel the necessary subsidies. Kölbel believes that the country had a good chance of joining the contest in 2013, if funding is approved.
On 10 September 2013, 1FLTV informed and confirmed to Esctoday.com that Liechtenstein would not be participating at the 2014 contest in Copenhagen, Denmark. The broadcaster has no plans to join the EBU at the moment.
- . 1FLTV.
- Kuipers, Michael (24 August 2008). "Liechtenstein Gets a TV Station". ESCToday. Archived from the original on 25 August 2008. Retrieved 24 August 2008.
- "'1 FL TV', το πρώτο ιδιωτικό κανάλι στο Λίχτενσταϊν". sdtv.gr (in Greek). 19 August 2008. Archived from the original on 12 September 2008. Retrieved 24 August 2008.
- "Liechtenstein: Set to début in Eurovision 2010?". Oikotimes. 21 July 2009. Archived from the original on 14 January 2012. Retrieved 28 November 2011.
- Klier, Marcus (23 September 2009). "Liechtenstein Ready to Join EBU". ESCToday. Archived from the original on 31 January 2010. Retrieved 28 November 2011.
- Hondal, Victor (30 July 2010). "Liechtenstein: 1FL Expects 'Good Chances' for Eurovision Debut". ESCToday. Archived from the original on 2 August 2010. Retrieved 31 July 2010.
- "No Participation of Liechtenstein at Eurovision 2012". The Eurovision Times. 29 November 2011. Retrieved 27 August 2013.
- "Liechtenstein: No debut in Eurovision 2014!". ESCToday. 10 September 2013. Retrieved 10 September 2013.
- Official website (in German)
|This European television-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Liechtenstein-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|