|Privately held company|
|Founded||December 1, 2012|
|Headquarters||Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada|
|Andrew Fursman, CEO
Landon Downs, President
Robyn Foerster, GM
David Roberts, Chair
Number of employees
1QB Information Technologies, Inc. (1QBit) is a quantum computing software company, based in Vancouver, British Columbia. 1QBit was founded on December 1, 2012 and a longstanding partnership with D-Wave Systems was formally announced on June 9, 2014. While 1QBit develops general purpose algorithms for quantum computing hardware, the organization is primarily focused on computational finance, the energy industry, and the life sciences.
1QBit was founded as the first dedicated quantum computing software company in 2012. In 2013, 1QBit raised seed funding from US and Canadian angel investors, before closing a Series A financing round led by the Chicago Mercantile Exchange in 2014. On August 5th, 2015 the World Economic Forum announced 1QBit as a recipient of the 2015 Technology Pioneer Award recognizing 1QBit as a leader among the world’s most promising technology companies.
1QBit is headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. In early 2014, 1QBit was invited to join the OneEleven data community located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. This second location serves as the data science and software production arm of the organization.
- "Founding of 1QBit". December 1, 2012.
- "D-Wave Systems Building Quantum Application Ecosystem, Announces Partnerships with DNA-SEQ Alliance and 1QBit". June 9, 2014.
- "Research Papers". 1QBit.com. Retrieved 16 June 2014.
- Dion, Marco (November 4, 2013). "Europe Equity Research" (PDF). J.P. Morgan Equity Quant Conference 2013. 6: 12. Retrieved 16 June 2014.
- "CNBC Exponential Finance". CNBC Online. CNBC. Retrieved 14 April 2016.
- Marek, Lynne (May 5, 2014). "CME makes a new bet on the future". Crain's Chicago Business. Retrieved 16 June 2014.
- "2015 Technology Pioneers". The World Economic Forum. Retrieved 16 August 2015.
- SHAW, GILLIAN (August 5, 2015). "Vancouver company named among world's most promising tech pioneers". Vancouver Sun. Retrieved August 16, 2015.
- "Contact Us". 1QBit Website. Retrieved 25 May 2016.
- "1QBit @ OneEleven". OneEleven.com. Retrieved 17 June 2014.