1 Bligh Street
|1 Bligh Street|
|Type||Commercial Office building|
|Location||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia|
|Owner||Cbus Property, Dexus Property and the Dexus Wholesale Fund|
|Roof||139 m (456 ft)|
|Floor area||42,700 m2 (460,000 sq ft)|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Architectus in collaboration with Ingenhoven Architects|
|Developer||Cbus Property, Dexus Property and the Dexus Wholesale Fund|
|Structural engineer||Enstruct group|
|Other designers||Cundall (ESD Consultant)|
|Awards and prizes||
International Highrise Award |
It is an ecologically sustainable development and was awarded six-star green status by the Green Building Council of Australia. Green features include a basement sewage plant that recycles 90 percent of the building waste water, solar panels on the roof and air conditioning by chilled beams. It is Australia’s first major high-rise building with a full double-skin façade with external louvres. These conserve energy, eliminate sky glare and optimise user comfort. The angle of the louvre blades is automatically adjusted according to their orientation to the sun. A naturally ventilated, full height atrium, on the southern side of the building, maximises natural light to each office level.
The building also houses a childcare centre, two cafés and a basement car park for 96 cars.
The large-scale aluminium sculpture at the top of the curving steps at the entrance on the corner of Bligh and O'Connell streets is by New York-based Australian James Angus. The developers describe it as "a complex network of three-dimensional ellipsoidal surfaces drawn from shapes expressed in the design of the building", adding that its brightly painted colour scheme traces the underlying geometry of the sculpture.
The building was named the Best Tall Building Award in Asia & Australasia for 2012 in the Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat's Skyscraper Awards and also won the International Highrise Award 2012.
- Bloomberg L.P.
- Clayton Utz
- Office of the Prime Minister of Australia
- Commonwealth Parliament Offices
- Oil Search
- Vault Systems
- Galvin, Nick (24 September 2011). "Office workers reap healthy spin-offs from efficient building design". The Sydney Morning Herald.
- "2012 Best Tall Building Asia & Australasia". ctbuh.org. Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat. Retrieved 24 June 2012.
- "Office highrise »1 Bligh Street« in Sydney wins the International Highrise Award 2012". International Highrise Award. Retrieved 21 November 2014.
- Vivian, Philip (1 March 2012). "1 Bligh Street". Australian Design Review. Retrieved 21 August 2016.
- "1 Bligh Street". Architecture Design. 1 July 2013. Retrieved 21 August 2016.
- "Clayton Utz and the Environment". Clayton Utz. Retrieved 26 March 2012.
- "Another tenant for Sydney's 1 Bligh Street". Jonathan Chancellor. Property Observer. 21 March 2012. Retrieved 26 March 2012.
- "DEXUS lease bonanza at 56 Pitt Street and 1 Bligh Street". Financial Review. 2016-05-16. Retrieved 2016-06-23.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1 Bligh Street.|