1 Night in Paris
||It has been suggested that this article be merged with Paris Hilton. (Discuss) Proposed since January 2015.|
|1 Night in Paris|
DVD cover for 1 Night in Paris
|Directed by||Rick Salomon|
|Produced by||Rick Salomon|
|Distributed by||Red Light District Video|
1 Night in Paris is a 2004 pornographic video depicting Paris Hilton having sexual intercourse in 2001 with Rick Salomon. Not originally intended for release, it was filmed primarily with a single, stationary, tripod-mounted camera using "night vision." However, a handful of scenes were filmed indoors without night vision.
The video was released by Salomon shortly before Hilton's TV series The Simple Life debuted, causing a media sensation. When Hilton stated publicly that she was "out of it," didn't know what she was doing during the taping of the video and did not approve its public release, Salomon sued Hilton for defamation. Hilton then countersued Salomon over the release of the tape, settling out of court in July 2005. According to reports, Hilton was awarded as much as $400,000 and planned to donate a percentage to charity.
In a 2006 interview with the British edition of GQ magazine, Hilton stated: "I never received a dime from the video. It's just dirty money and (Salomon) should give it all to some charity for the sexually abused or something. To be honest, I don't even think about it any more."
The video received the AVN Awards in 2005 for "Best Selling Title of the Year," "Best Renting Title of the Year" and "Best Overall Marketing Campaign – Individual Project." The DVD titled 1 Night in Paris is distributed by Red Light District, a production company that produces and distributes higher-end pornographic videos. The video has since been purchased by Vivid Entertainment.
- 2005 AVN Award - Best Overall Marketing Campaign, Individual Project
- 2005 AVN Award - Best Renting Title of the Year
- 2005 AVN Award - Best Selling Title of the Year
- 2008 F.A.M.E. Award - Favorite Celebrity Sex Tape
- "Paris Hilton on sex tape: 'I'll never be able to erase it'". cnn.com. Retrieved 20 February 2015.
- Serpe, Gina (January 30, 2007). "Paris Sues to Cover Exposure". E! Online. Retrieved February 1, 2007.
- Morgan, Piers (September 1, 2006). "When Piers met Paris". GQ. Archived from the original on August 6, 2010. Retrieved August 23, 2010.
- Entertainment, Vivid (April 1, 2010). "Night In Paris Hilton". Vivid. Retrieved August 23, 2010.
- "2005 AVN Awards Show Winners Announced". AVN. January 8, 2005. Retrieved May 24, 2015.
- Peter Warren (June 7, 2008). "2008 F.A.M.E. Winners Announced at Erotica LA". AVN. Retrieved May 24, 2015.
- Thomas Fahy: One Night in Paris (Hilton): Wealth, Celebrity, and the Politics of Humiliation, In: Ann C. Hall and Mardia J. Bishop (Ed.): Pop-Porn. Pornography in American Culture, Praeger 2007, ISBN 978-0-275-99920-9, p. 75-98