1 vs. 100 (Chinese game show)
|1 vs. 100
|Starring||Wang Han (season 1)
Ren Jun (season 2)
|Country of origin||China|
|No. of episodes||16 (season 1)
35 (season 2)
|Running time||about 90 minutes per episode (inc. commercials)|
|Original network||Hunan Satellite Television|
|Original release||March 5, 2008 – December 23, 2010|
In 2008 and 2010, Hunan Satellite Television produced the Chinese version of 1 vs. 100, which has the same name as the Hong Kong version, called 以一敌百 (literally translated "to oppose 100 people by 1 person"). The first season was aired between March 5 and July 31, 2008 and the second season was premiered on April 15, 2010 and ended on December 23, 2010. The host was Wang Han (汪涵) in season 1 and Ren Jun (任军) in season 2.
This show uses the new rules of the American version. The mobs of this version are called "happy answerers" (快乐答人) in season 1 and "pass keepers" (守关者) in season 2. Every 10 answerers eliminated increases the prize for the solo player. In season 1, the prizes are in "happy golden balls" (快乐金球), which can be used to shop in Happigo. The top prize is 100,000 balls. In season 2, the prizes are in "gold coins" and the top prize is 50,000 coins. Each ball or coin equal to one Renminbi.
If the solo player answers four questions (three questions in season 1) correctly, the contestant decides on whether to leave and take the prize or continue playing. If they continue, they can use any of these three helps:
- Season 1:
- Ask the answerers (询问答人): One answerer who answered correctly and one who answered incorrectly are chosen at random. Each explains their decision to the contestant. This automatically eliminates one wrong answer.
- Poll the answerers (求证答人) : The solo player pick one of the three answers, then the number of answerers who chose that answer is revealed.
- Trust the answerers (信任答人): The solo player commit to choosing the answer chosen by the largest number of answerers.
- Season 2:
- Trust the majority (信任大多数): The same as "Trust the answerers".
- Choose one from two (对错二选一): One wrong answer is eliminated.
- Call for help (电话帮帮忙): The solo player can get help by phoning a friend.
If the solo player answers incorrectly, the contestant leaves with nothing, with the remaining answerers answering correctly sharing the prize amongst themselves. If only one answerer answered correctly, that person will win the top prize.
- Episode 9, 10, 13 and 14 were similar to the "Battle of the Sexes" of the American version. All the answerers were men in episode 9 and 10, and women in episode 13 and 14.
- In episode 11, the prizes were in cash and the top prize was 200,000 Renminbi. The total of 300,000 Renminbi given out in this episode were donated for rebuilding the site of 2008 Sichuan earthquake.
- All the answerers in episode 12 were kids.
- In episode 16, the last episode, the top prize was 100,000 "happy golden balls" plus a car.
List of contestants of season 1
List of top prize winners of season 2