1st Brigade (Ireland)
|Irish: 1ú Briogáid|
1st Brigade shoulder flash
|Part of||Defence Forces|
|Garrison/HQ||Collins Barracks, Cork|
|Brigadier General Philip Brennan|
The 1st Brigade (known as 1st (Southern) Brigade until the 2012 reorganisation of the army) (Irish: 1ú Briogáid) is a brigade of the Irish Army. The brigade headquarters are in Collins Barracks in Cork. The 1st Brigade is responsible for military operations in the south of Ireland. Its area of responsibility includes the counties of Galway, Offaly, Laois, Carlow, Kilkenny, Wexford, Waterford, Cork, Kerry, Limerick and Tipperary.
It is also responsible for the security of a number of "vital installations" including civil transport infrastructure sites such as Cork Harbour, Cork Airport, Shannon Airport and Farranfore Airport.
- Brigade HQ - Collins Barracks, Cork
- 1st Infantry Battalion (Galway)
- 3rd Infantry Battalion (Ireland) (Kilkenny)
- 12th Infantry Battalion (Limerick)
- 1 Artillery Regiment (Cork)
- 1 Cavalry Squadron (Cork)
- 1 Communication and Information Services Company (Cork)
- 1 Engineer Group (Cork)
- 1 Supply & Transport Group (Cork)
- 1 Ordnance Group (Cork)
- 1 Military Police Company (Cork)
- Collins Barracks, Cork
- Sarsfield Barracks, Limerick
- Stephens Barracks, Kilkenny
- Dún Uí Mhaoilíosa, Galway
- "General Officer Commanding 1 Brigade". Irish Defence Forces. Retrieved 4 October 2015.
- "Organisation - Army - 1st Brigade". military.ie. Defence Forces. Retrieved 22 February 2017.
- "1st Brigade". Defence Forces Ireland. Retrieved 23 February 2017.
- "Info Centre - How we are organised". military.ie. Defence Forces. Retrieved 22 February 2017.
|This article about a specific military unit is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|