1st Fighter Division (People's Republic of China)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2008)|
The 1st Fighter Division is a military formation of the Chinese People's Liberation Army Air Force. It is headquartered at Anshan Air Base in the Shenyang Military Region. The unit is equipped with Chengdu J-7, Shenyang J-8 and Shenyang J-11 fighters. PLA-AF fighter divisions generally consist of about 17,000 personnel and 70-120 aircraft.
GlobalSecurity.org notes that the 1st Fighter Division traces its heritage to the 10th Regiment, 4th Pursuit Brigade which in late October 1950 became the 10th Regiment, 4th Division. By March 1956 the 10th Regiment was relocated to Anshan Airbase, Liaoning Province and was reorganised as the 1st Division.
1st Fighter Division sub units:
- 1st Regiment (J-11)
- 2nd Regiment (Chifeng)(J-10 aircraft replaced J-7 in 2007)
- 3rd Regiment (J-8)
- List of Chinese aircraft
- List of Airbases in the PLAAF
- People's Liberation Army Air Force
- People's Liberation Army
- GlobalSecurity.org, 1st Fighter Division, verified October 2011
- Scramble, http://www.scramble.nl/cn.htm, accessed October 2011
- "Pace Visits Chinese Air Base, Checks Out Su-27 Fighter-Bomber". DefenseLink News. U.S. Department of Defense. March 24, 2007. Archived from the original on 13 June 2007. Retrieved 2007-06-20.
- 1st Fighter Division at SinoDefense
- PLAAF Order of Battle at Scramble Magazine - Dutch Aviation Society
|This article related to the military of China is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|