1st Street, Los Angeles
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
1st Street is an east–west thoroughfare in Los Angeles and Monterey Park, California. It serves as a postal divider between north and south and is one of a few streets to run across the Los Angeles River. Though it serves as a major road east of downtown Los Angeles, it is a mostly residential street to the west.
The Gold Line runs on east 1st Street between Alameda and Indiana Streets; it operates the Little Tokyo/Arts District, Pico/Aliso, Mariachi Plaza, Soto and Indiana stations. Metro Local line 14 runs through west 1st Street and Metro Local line 30 through East 1st Street. The under construction Metro Regional Connector will have a new light rail subway station on the intersection of 1st Street and Central Avenue.
- Monterey Park Village (eastern terminus)
- Beverly Center (western terminus)
- CBS Television West Coast Headquarters
- Disney Concert Hall
- Grand Park
- Los Angeles City Hall
- Caltrans District 7 Headquarters
- Little Tokyo
- Mariachi Plaza
- Media related to 1st Street, Los Angeles at Wikimedia Commons
- Media related to 1st Street bridge (Los Angeles River) at Wikimedia Commons
|This California road-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|